What's your Favorite No fat/ low fat salad dressing??

Options

Replies

• FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Salsa, or greek yogurt+spices or cottage cheese + herbs.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Bottled salad dressing have a ton of sodium in them.
    I prefer to just make my own vinaigrette with balsamic, olive oil and spices. That way, I can control how much oil is in it, and there is nothing artifical added.
    I also like to make honey mustard with fat free greek yogurt, honey and a combo of mustards. It is delicious.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    OT, a little, but:
    We usually just make our own vinaigrette, too. It's not low-fat or low-carb (olive oil + balsamic vinegar), but you don't have to use much because the vinegar is so vinegary.
  • yitzhaq
    yitzhaq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice always does it for me.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms has some really good fat free dressings that I love!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I tend to be boring. Kraft's fat free french. But I mix it with vinegar, probably more than 60 percent.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based dressings are pretty good. In the refrigerator section.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Stay away from no fat/low fat salad dressings. They are full of chemicals and added sugar! Use the full fat versions in moderation.

Your body requires fat to absorb nurtients in vegetables, so dressings that are just oil and vinegar are perfect for that (literally, I mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil)
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of lemon juice + a tablespoon of maple syrup. Sweet, sour, and delicious.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you go onto youtube and look for vegan dressings you will find so many options it will blow you away! I have learned so many new ones lately. Or raw dressings. The raw foodies have a lot of low or no fat dressing ideas!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    The bolthouse yogurt dressing series is simply AMAZING! Its not zero fat grams but it ranges between 1-3 g of fat which is not bad at all. I really like the salsa ranch or ceasar parmaggiano. They both pack a ton of flavor and only cost 45 calories per TBSP as opposed to over 100 cals! Try it! Enjoy!:laugh:

^^^THIS^^^
    just started buying the Bolthouse dressings (in the produce section) they are SUPER YUMMY WAY better than fat-free or even lite dressings plus it has less calories & fat
  • brandeecastle
    Options
    When I'm making salads i usually add a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, pepper and sometimes garlic. It's super clean and tastes great.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    salt and pepper. Simple, cheap, and brings out the flavor of the veggies...
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Wishbone's Ranch Salad Spritzer is my go-to. It's got about 2 calories per spray and I typically use 15 sprays for a small/medium salad. Marie's Yogurt Ranch is good when you want the thicker stuff. It contains 70 calories per 2 TBSP. :happy:
  • LindaLou1397
    LindaLou1397 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Raspberry Vinaigrette. No calories and I think it tastes great.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Stay away from no fat/low fat salad dressings. They are full of chemicals and added sugar! Use the full fat versions in moderation.

This. I personally prefer higher fat dressings. Fat is not the enemy.

I prefer regular dressing over the low fat ones. They taste much better and you don't need to use a lot. When using dressing I use a lot less if I dip my fork into it before taking a bite instead of covering the salad in dressing.
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    if those are your only criteria, walden farms could be an option. I love Bolthouse farms, especially the salsa ranch. I usually just add something with lots of seasoning like roasted veggies... then I don't need dressing. or a little fat free sour cream + spices.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't really like salad dressing so if I put anything on my salad it is squeezed lemon.
  • kimmid70
    kimmid70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Olive Oil Vinaigrette - Classic Balsamic. Only 30 calories per 2 TBSP and no fat. All natural and organic. Yum! I heard the other Bolhouse dressings are delicious as well. Otherwise I just use sprayer to spray some olive oil on my salads with a little bit of vinegar or lemon juice and salt/pepper and garlic powder. Very good!