Just started My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi, I'm a 50's something single gal from Arizona. I had Bariatric Surgery 4 years ago and lost 125 lbs. - don't judge me, it was definitely not the easy way out!!! I have recently gained 11 lbs and it is scaring the bajebbers out of me!!!! During a Bariatric Support Group meeting a week ago I heard about My Fitness Pal and signed up during the meeting, I lost 2 pounds my 1st week! Yipee!!! It is a journey and a tough one, but well worth the effort!

Replies

• keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome way to go on the 125 pounds :smile: feel free to add me as a friend i log n everyday
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. My sister is just about to undergo bariatric surgery, so you'll probably be an excellent person to tell me what she can expect! xx
  • xXCammyxX
    Options
    Hello, I am 29 years old, barely slept last night thinking about all the areas of my life that I am lacking control in. Was told 30 minutes ago about this site from a co worker, thought why not, everyone has to take that first step right? Would love as many friends as possible, I usually end up quitting, need this time to be different.

I am weighing in at 250 pounds, 5"6 ... my end goal is 130-140 pounds.
  • justoutaluck
    justoutaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is amazing!! Feel free to add me.. anyone feel free to add me lol :) Im always looking for new friends. I have been on MFP since Jan. 24, 2013 and have lost 26lbs. Starting weight of 255lbs.
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am new here also. I have been on here just a little over a week. This site keeps me accountable and sometimes when I have cravings I just log on and start reading other people's posts. Before I realize it my craving has passed. I need everyday support. Not just once in awhile. Please feel free to add me. I need friends too. I don't think you took the easy way out. This is a very scary and brave thing you did to improve your health. I congratulate you for coming for help just as soon as you starting gaining. This is why I am here also.
  • tammyvaughn1957
    Options
    Hi. I am 55 years old and from Alma, MI. Wondering where that's at? Well, its almost the middle of the mitten (probably about 10 minutes for the real Middle of the Mitten. I live alone with my cat Misty. I got her about a year after my Mom passed away with Doctor's recommendation to deal with depression.

:love: I had been on spark people but kind of got discouraged with it. I've been doing a lot of emotional eating lately. I know it's not good for me. I especially eat chocolate. :blushing:

I want to get a fresh start. I have hip replacement surgery in a few weeks (have surgeon's appt. on the 1st). I am so ready to be out of pain. A couple of weeks ago, I had 4 polyps removed so I find out the results tomorrow. If that doesn't cause anxiety!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I will soon be walking better again and that I am looking forward to.