Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello fellow fitness pals

I am a married mother of 2 (15 and 10). My goal is to lose about 75 lbs and get into better shape. I'm doing it for myself and my family. I have been diagnosed with diabetes and high cholesterol. I want to live a long and fulfilling life.

Replies

• BeeZoe
    BeeZoe Posts: 37
    Hey and welcome, you'll love this site, lots of good information and people here. You'll do awesome
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Welcome. This is a great site for motivation and encouragement. Just seeing what you put in your body each day and how many calories you truly need in a day is eye opening. I wish you all the luck on your journey to happier healthier lifestyle. Take it one day at a time and you will succeed.
  • Hi, I came across your post and you really reminded me of why its so important that I stick to the plan and reach my goal. Im 29 years old and am about 130 pound heavier then I should be. I was on my way to diabetes, high cholesterol, and other problems but instead I decided to take my life back and stop my self before it was to late. I really hope you make it to your goal. This is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. I know that being a diabetic it might be a little harder to loose the weight quickly, but stay strong don't give up and if your ever ready to throw in the towel, Imagine yourself 75 pounds lighter and your husband carrying you into the bedroom, throwing you on the bed and well you can use your imagination from there....

Pink potato
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Welcome! How wonderful for you to make the decision the get healthy! You are in the right place for support. Good luck!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Welcome to MFP. Those are the best reasons to lose the weight. This site is great for motivation and support.
  • Thanks every one!