What's your Favorite No fat/ low fat salad dressing??

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Lime juice

Any vinegar mixed with spices (various mustards, Mrs. Dash seasoning blends, hot sauce, black pepper, garlic, and combination of the previous)

Sometimes I just mix pickled vegetables (hot pickled okra or cauliflower, hot banana peppers, gardenia, etc.) into the salad use that instead of dressing.
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I make a dressing consisting of low fat Greek yoghurt with spring onions or cucumber, and will add chilli flakes or pepper. Tastes great and you don't feel guilty after :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Stay away from no fat/low fat salad dressings. They are full of chemicals and added sugar! Use the full fat versions in moderation.

You can dress a salad in a variety of things which have no added sugar or chemicals and are fat free.

Think outside the bottle.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Come to think of it, just low fat would be fine as well!

2 large mangos, diced
    2 large tomatoes, diced
    1 small onion, diced
    3 jalapenos, diced
    lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and pepper to taste
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    A lot of Asian dressings are fat free but do contain sugar. I'm thinking of Thai and Vietnamese. Google Japanese tofu salad dressing. There are some traditional ones that get their creaminess from puréed tofu.

Some reduced fat dressings I like are:

1 part each of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and hazelnut oil.
    2 parts buttermilk, 1 part mayo and garlic salt.

Both are less fat than classic vinaigrette which is 1 part vinegar to 3 parts olive oil.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    mix mustard, soy sauce, and hot sauce.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Newman's Raspberry vinaigrette. The Bolthouse farms Ranch is pretty good too.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with salsa! Especially corn and bean salsa. Yum yum yum. Delicious and healthy.

I've also learned from subway that Franks Buffalo Sauce makes an amazing chicken salad.
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The bolthouse yogurt dressing series is simply AMAZING! Its not zero fat grams but it ranges between 1-3 g of fat which is not bad at all. I really like the salsa ranch or ceasar parmaggiano. They both pack a ton of flavor and only cost 45 calories per TBSP as opposed to over 100 cals! Try it! Enjoy!:laugh:

^^^THIS^^^
    just started buying the Bolthouse dressings (in the produce section) they are SUPER YUMMY WAY better than fat-free or even lite dressings plus it has less calories & fat

^^yes, this!!!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Kens Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    salsa
    lemon juice
    salt and peper (freshly ground please)
    if I want creamier par tfull fat ranch part salsa
    If I have a really good juicy tomato I'll just squeeze some of the juice/seeds on my salad
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Panera's fat free poppyseed dressing is delish.
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    Lemon... grapeseed oil... honey.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt dream of eating low fat or no fat dressing.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When I'm making salads i usually add a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, pepper and sometimes garlic. It's super clean and tastes great.

I like this, too. And variations on it. Apple Cider Vinegar, and other flavored vinegars + olive oil, peppers, seasonsings I use my Pampered Chef Salad Dressing stir thingy and feel very fancy when I do it. LOL
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like to use a scoop of cottage cheese. Since it cottage cheese it has fat and calories but the protein it provides trumps those! In my opinion of course.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    just a little bit of lemon juice and some himalayan salt. sometimes i add mrs. dash
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    i like Marie's yogurt dressing Parmesan Caesar it's in the produce section tastes good and is low cal and low fat

This!!! I love Marie's yogurt dressings....yummm...and a little goes a long way!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I like maries yogurt dressing, makes different varieties very low cal count and absolutely yummy!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle that has recipes and measurement lines on it....i think it has 5 different dressing recipes and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! They sell them at any kitchen store...