I've tried everything and I'm STUCK! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me. I was working out like a crazy person for months. No weight loss. None. Trying this eating more thing, might take awhile to work, but lord knows eating less didn't help me at all.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would try cutting to 1100. You're probably eating more than you think, so whatever you are consuming it will be 100 calories less.

No... not even... OP please do not listen to this.
  • heatherisdope
    heatherisdope Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I am going to try this eating more thing gradually adding 100 calories each week. Would it be okay if my extra calories were from wine? I'm guessing no, but I really miss my wine at night! :smile:
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I tried adding more calories for about a week or so and it didn't help...

A week isn't long enough, try it for longer
    Agreed - a week isn't long enough to know if something is working or not. You need to stick with it for at least 4-6 weeks.

So true!!! I only have ten pounds left that I'd like to see gone. I was doing all the same stuff the OP was, but I didn't start losing again until I upped my calories to 1600 AND eat back half of my work out calories. Now I'm losing fat again YAY for more food! (Its scary at first because you feel so full after years of eating to few calories, you think for sure you are going to pack on pounds...but you don't!)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I am going to try this eating more thing gradually adding 100 calories each week. Would it be okay if my extra calories were from wine? I'm guessing no, but I really miss my wine at night! :smile:

YAY WINE!!!! (I drink a glass almost every night... 6 OZ Blackstone Merlot = 140 cal " YUM and totally worth it!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Add whatever you want if it gets you to your calorie goal!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

It takes longer than a week for calorie increases to affect your metabolism. Your body does not respond quickly to calorie fluctuations for a reason.

Don't feel frustrated at a 1 month plateau. I've been sitting at one for 6 months. It's frustrating but you have to be patient and push through it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE and included my workout, -20% and it's 1,884 my bmr is 1525. So I should be eating between these numbers then? It seems like a lot of calories to add. Also, to answer the other questions, I do weight training around 3-4 days a week and I do not eat back my calories that I have worked off.

Correct. You will need to stick with it for 4-6 weeks. 1 week is not long enough for your body to adapt to a new calorie intake and as such you won't see the results you're looking for in that time.
    Thank you all, I am going to try this eating more thing gradually adding 100 calories each week. Would it be okay if my extra calories were from wine? I'm guessing no, but I really miss my wine at night!

I don't see any problems with it. :drinker:
  • heatherisdope
    heatherisdope Posts: 8 Member
    Options

A week isn't long enough, try it for longer
    Agreed - a week isn't long enough to know if something is working or not. You need to stick with it for at least 4-6 weeks.

So true!!! I only have ten pounds left that I'd like to see gone. I was doing all the same stuff the OP was, but I didn't start losing again until I upped my calories to 1600 AND eat back half of my work out calories. Now I'm losing fat again YAY for more food! (Its scary at first because you feel so full after years of eating to few calories, you think for sure you are going to pack on pounds...but you don't!)
    That's what I'm afraid of, that I'm going to gain! But I guess I just need to brave it!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Honey, at your height, weight and workout intensity, you Have to Eat more, Not just for one week but longer. Your body is probably in starvation mode and holding onto everything you put into it. Either slow down on your exercises or start eating more, i promise you the scales will start moving. if you need a friend, add me. :happy:
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

YAY WINE!!!! (I drink a glass almost every night... 6 OZ Blackstone Merlot = 140 cal " YUM and totally worth it!

I had two glasses of wine last night with dinner to get another 200 calories in.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE and included my workout, -20% and it's 1,884 my bmr is 1525. So I should be eating between these numbers then? It seems like a lot of calories to add. Also, to answer the other questions, I do weight training around 3-4 days a week and I do not eat back my calories that I have worked off.

Yes, eat between 1525 and 1884. Since you have calculated it with your workouts you don't eat those calories back. As others have suggested give it at least a month and avoid the scale...as hard as that can be.
  • turtleturtle4u
    Options
    It takes time! We didn't gain this weight over night so we won't lose it over night either. Keep doing what you are doing, hide the scale and only weigh yourself once every couple of weeks. I tell my customers this all the time when they take ACE. Everyone wants it gone NOW!! There is no miracle for it. I have been stuck at 38lbs lost for a year (partly my fault) but I am back at it. Eat the recommended calories, drink your water, and keep exercising. Give yourself a break at exercising too, maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Look for foods that boost your metabolism as well. Hope this helps!
  • anneheatonwaskinder
    Options
    I also stuck to my previous weeks weight, could not understand it, so I am now trying to eat more if I have done a lot of exercise. Good luck
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know it's frustrating, but if you're eating right and you stick with it, the numbers will eventually move. Weigh yourself less often so that the numbers won't frustrate you. When I ran into a plateau like this I upped my calories by about 500 for a week, then went back down to what I was eating before. I gained about a pound while my calories were upped, but it worked and got my numbers moving again. And keep in mind, if you're exercising you may be building muscle, which weighs more. Go by how your clothes fit, not by what the scale says. Hang in there. You'll get there. :flowerforyou:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

You need to net AT LEAST 1525 a day, but the 1884 sounds like a better number for you.