Green Juice without a Juicer

Options
2»

Replies

• bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Magic Bullet two weeks ago and am loving it.
    I have no cans in the house and everything is fresh or frozen.
    I use kale as my main veggie, sometimes spinach.
    like the frozen blue berries and strawberries.
    let me know how your juicing came out.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I was blending for 8 months until I bought juicers. Now I have 2 juicers (centrifugal + masticated) and my blender, I still use all 3.

With the blender my go to smoothie was

1/2 cucumber
    2 large stalks of celery
    1+1/2 good handfuls of curly kale leaves
    1 large apple (or pear, not both)
    ginger root (roughly the size of a thumb)

Great drink, it doesn't taste amazing but its a difference maker. It gave me great mental clarity, especially in the morning. And it made my skin amazing, anytime I met new people I received compliments about it. If there is any way you can fit Kale and Ginger in to your smoothie, I absolutely recommend it.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I make all my juice in my vitamix..love it..
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    I've been using the ninja blender. I combine whatever I have ready to just throw in there. For example, this morning I blended: beets, carrot, pear, kale, and celery. I normally do just one fruit and the rest veggies.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Paid a small fortune for a vita mixer and do really love it. That said.... my friend bought a ninja and her's makes smoothies just as good as mine does and it cost a whole lot less.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :wink: Bump
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i am into smoothies, not juices so a few years ago i bought a kenwood smoothie maker in the after christmas sales. at the time it was reduced from £99 to £29. it is still going strong!
  • tiffanyarowell
    Options
    I make green smoothies with a regular blender. I put about 3-4 cupsish of spinach in with a little bit of water and then turn it on to the liquify setting. Once you have a nice smooth green liquid, I add a banana and a couple handfuls of various frozen fruits. They turn out awesome!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have never used a juicer and only make my drinks using a 3 hp blender. I found that keeping all of the roughage made my green drink not very palatable. I took my smoothie and strained it out through cheese cloth to get the juice. I did want some of the filling and nutritious fiber, so I added back the amount that gave it a pleasing consistency.

I used to do juice fasts like the guy in "Fat, Sick, and Almost Dead" and used a blender for that like you do. But to strain the juice I used a nylon bag I got at an aquarium store that ia meant to be filled with charcoal and put in your fish tank filter. I later bought a nut bag and it's exactly the same material but costs more and is more square shaped, so a wider opening. The reason I strained the juice was because, for fasting, you want all the good nutrients but you want your digestive system to rest (and leave you alone-- no hunger after the first couple of days).

But anyway, I don't feel like doing that now. I'm happy eating good food and logging my calories, keeping within an amount that helps me lose weight.
  • kbrhelker23
    Options
    i have always used a blender for green juice because my juicer bearly makes any juice with tons of produce.. i usually just do spinach, cucumber, flax seed, vanilla yogurt and a banana, that seems to be my base, sometimes i add berries...
  • struggeling53
    struggeling53 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't know your financial status. I am on disability. So I get stuff on small payments from these places....gettington.com......ginnys.com.......and stoneberry .com. I make green juice with the nutra bullet. I paid 20 a month till it was paid off. And I didn't have any good credit at the time, but my credit built up by doing it this way. Now I have good credit...So just in case I thought I would send you this info....good luck.
  • bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been making smoothies and enjoying them.
    what a wonderful way to get the veggies in.