Just saying Hi

Options
I got the app a long time ago, but never really used it. So thought that had to change.
A bit of history about myself. I was in a bad motorbike accident in2010, which left me bed bound and in a wheelchair for a year. During this time I got up to 22 stone (308lbs). By the time I could get up and mobile again, I knew something had to be done. I have been left with a severely damaged left leg, which is due to have 3 lots if surgery to hope help this, and I use a walking stick most of the time. But I wasnt going to let this stop me losing the weight. Since April 2012, I have lost 4 stone, and got down to 18 stone (252lbs) and felt my health, and my injuries improve a lot.
Im a long way from my goal, but im hoping this place should help. Theres some great success stories here, and I hope to be among you soon.

Cheers.

Doyle

Replies

• fitznewme2013
    Options
    you are already a success story! you havn't let your injuries take control of your life and your not feeling sorry for yourself. great job and good luck to you!
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's a great message, and a great victory story!

Keep it up!!
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have not been on MFP long but it seems there are lots of good people on here who will keep you motivated. Hope those injuries get less difficult to cope with as you bring down your weight.

Good luck! :)
  • gerardohare
    Options
    Doyle,
    Thank you for sharing your story. The less weight, the less stress on the body... duh.
    Don't you just love it when people restate the obvious.
    All the best
    G
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Doyle, I can identify with your health struggles. I've come along way but still have a ways to go. Feel free to add me if you like.