Hey Yall! I need to lose 20lbs in 60 days.. Any tips?

Options
I am currently taking in 1000 calories a day (i know i know totally unhealthy but its only for 2 weeks than back to 1200),
I am also SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING OUT 3X a week but I am not really motivated not mention its EXPENSIVE!
What can I do at home to reach my goals besides handle my diet better? Im going on a cruise in exactly 78 days
and I need to BURN BURN BURN fat and look fit fit fit!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Once you up your calories - you need to exercise. You are not eating enough now to burn additional calories. It does not necessarily mean a gym membership. You could get a DVD (people seem to like Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, Insanity, Couch to 5K, and P90X) like many people on this board OR you could walk, run, bike, swim and run up and down stairs. Good luck - I leave for my cruise in 27 days!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are taking enough calories to give you the energy you need for an agressive workout also you might want to increase your workout days to at least 5 with two days to rest on those days your body actually gets strong especially if you are using weights. When you say your workouts are expensive what do you mean? Since it's warm out you can go to a park and you might find an aqua aerobics class at the park district in your area. Also if you work somewhere that has stairs, you can do the stairs. What types of foods are you eating? Increase your fiber and your water most of all increase your food it may be that you are actually not motivated but because your food intake is so low, you may not have enough energy. I hope everything works out for you and you meet all your goals.:
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    The fastest way to quickly shed the fat is to cut the carbs! Eat mostly high protein lean meats, veggies and some fruit and the fat will melt off. As soon as you ad the carbs again you have to do it slowly as not to gain it all back. It may not be the healthiest, but its quick!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    I second the idea to cut off carbs. Go in and adjust your goals to 45% protein, 30% carbs, 25% fat. EAT PROTEIN!

Also, a gym membership is expensive, but like someone else said, you can always get the 30 day shred. Actually, i could send you my 30 day shred, if you want. It works very well, but I don't use it anymore since I have a gym partner and I'm trying to RUN! Let me know! I don't mind.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the focus on the weight really. The number on the scale is not who you are. I would focus on doing the exercise and eating clean and toning up. As for seeing great results in 60 days, well I am all for Insanity and P90X. I don't think they are expensive because they work and work quickly. If you really can't afford it, I would up your calories a little and do cardio, strength training, and some yoga during the week. Have fun on your cruise.
  • girlwillloselbs
    girlwillloselbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • girlwillloselbs
    Options
    thanks!
  • girlwillloselbs
    Options
    I second the idea to cut off carbs. Go in and adjust your goals to 45% protein, 30% carbs, 25% fat. EAT PROTEIN!

Also, a gym membership is expensive, but like someone else said, you can always get the 30 day shred. Actually, i could send you my 30 day shred, if you want. It works very well, but I don't use it anymore since I have a gym partner and I'm trying to RUN! Let me know! I don't mind.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Yes I WOULD LOVE IT! MESSAGING YOU MY INFO NOW!

1436322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • girlwillloselbs
    Options
    I don't know if you are taking enough calories to give you the energy you need for an agressive workout also you might want to increase your workout days to at least 5 with two days to rest on those days your body actually gets strong especially if you are using weights. When you say your workouts are expensive what do you mean? Since it's warm out you can go to a park and you might find an aqua aerobics class at the park district in your area. Also if you work somewhere that has stairs, you can do the stairs. What types of foods are you eating? Increase your fiber and your water most of all increase your food it may be that you are actually not motivated but because your food intake is so low, you may not have enough energy. I hope everything works out for you and you meet all your goals.:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Uping the calories asap!!
    Do you know of any good workouts that require little to no equipment?

1436322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking in 1000 calories a day (i know i know totally unhealthy but its only for 2 weeks than back to 1200),
    I am also SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING OUT 3X a week but I am not really motivated not mention its EXPENSIVE!
    What can I do at home to reach my goals besides handle my diet better? Im going on a cruise in exactly 78 days

I can't believe people are actually encouraging you and giving you tips?? WTH?? This is ridiculous, you're not going to lose anything, and you won't be able to exercise cause you'll be too damn tired to do it...anything in the event that you actually do lose, will be water weight and the first meal you eat, you will put it on, and then some...I can't beleive this "Quick fix" mentality is still out there,
  • girlwillloselbs
    Options

I can't believe people are actually encouraging you and giving you tips?? WTH?? This is ridiculous, you're not going to lose anything, and you won't be able to exercise cause you'll be too damn tired to do it...anything in the event that you actually do lose, will be water weight and the first meal you eat, you will put it on, and then some...I can't beleive this "Quick fix" mentality is still out there,
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________ Whoa SALLY!! I loooooove your passion for eating healthy but I am NEW TO THE GAME and I am just still learning. I came up with this plan pre-discovering this site and I am only sticking with it because I complete EVERYTHING I START. Did you read any of the previous posts? Noone condoned this plan they gave me tips that would work if I modified my plan to something healthier. I would love to hear any feedback you might have that would actually HELP ME. If not kindly proceed to berate the next person on the next post rather than contribute to us the valuable knowledge regarding weight loss you posses.
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with the lady who was shocked that you are trying to do this. It will cause you to gain weight in the long run. You will push your body into starvation mode. If.. you lose the weight as soon as you give your body the chance it will store almost everything you eat. You will be hungry "ALL THE TIME"! If you quit then you will physiologically be discouraged and BAM... the weight goes back on. Please be realistic and look past the quick weight loss stuff. It took me 90 days to lose 30 lbs. I bicycle ride 100 miles a week and I was on the base of 1200 calories. I did eat most of my exercise calories. Trust the plan and make some life changes and you will never be in this situation again. On a side note... I did my weight loss to help my body fight blood plasma cancer... My Oncologist loves to say that "healthy people live longer". The weight loss and exercise worked and all my cancer indicators were down and my other blood tests were all moving to the normal range. Do this for your weight and how you look but also do this to live longer and better... Good luck on your journey !!!
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    I know you don't want to listen to this, but it's true hun! You need to up your calories to at least 1200 and then drink lots of water, exercise and take care of yourself. If you don't do it the healthy way, you are either going to crash due to lack of nutrients in your body, or you are going to end up gaining weight instead of burning it off.

When I was 15 yrs old I decided that I was going to starve myself to lose weight because I was tired of being teased by the other kids. I weighed 185 lbs. I dropped 40lbs in 3 months, not only did I damage my body due to lack of nutrients which has haunted me since, but it took me a long time to eat again and when I did start eating I packed on the weight faster then I thought possible. You really need to do it the right way. Please don't get me wrong as I'm not trying to judge you or anyone else... just being honest with you. :) If you want you can add me to your friends.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options

__________________________________________________________________________________________________ Whoa SALLY!! I loooooove your passion for eating healthy but I am NEW TO THE GAME and I am just still learning. I came up with this plan pre-discovering this site and I am only sticking with it because I complete EVERYTHING I START. Did you read any of the previous posts? Noone condoned this plan they gave me tips that would work if I modified my plan to something healthier. I would love to hear any feedback you might have that would actually HELP ME. If not kindly proceed to berate the next person on the next post rather than contribute to us the valuable knowledge regarding weight loss you posses.

Sorry you don't like what I wrote, but it's an open forum hun...I stand behind it, I read again what I posted, and I don't take it back. I can't give you any valuable advice if this is the way you want to do it, because there's no way I could help you lose that much weight without darn near killing you. Even if you're new to the whole weight loss thing, I fail to believe that with all the info on TV, the net and such, you don't already know that what you want to do is very unhealthy..It's just my opinion, sorry you don't like it. :drinker:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Couch to 5 K and hundred push-up challenge. Both are free. It's hard to lose weight that quickly without starving yourself but you could get a jump start on your fitness and look smaller even if you don't meet the 20 pound weight loss goal. I agree that you have to eat if you're going to work out. My sister lost 20 pounds in a month by cutting bread completely out of her diet. She basically ate meat and cheese and little else. I really don't think that's the right way to do it but she's stubborn and pretty much does what she wants to do no matter what I tell her.