Can I change Calorie target to WEEKLY instead of DAILY?

Options
I would rather have my calories as a weekly total instead of daily. I do a lot of excercise on a Tuesday night, am never hungry afterwards but want to eat lots the following day. With having daily calorie targets it means I'm way under one day and way over the next......Is there anything I can do?

Replies

• dawnyp72x
    dawnyp72x Posts: 10
    Options
    I'd like to know this too, I exercise 4-5 times a week and would like to split the calories I earn/burn over the week
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you use an Iphone you can see weekly totals so I use that to know how I am doing with my weekly cals while tracking daily on PC .
  • rmtuesley
    rmtuesley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do, and still lose at a steady rate. I have a couple of lower days during the week so I can have dinner with friends on the weekends and not have to worry about it. I think a lot of successful people here " save calories" for when they need them. If you use an iPhone or pad app it will even show you the weekly goal and how many calories you have left.

Edited to add- I just don't pay attention to the daily number, I just look at the weekly goal page. I don't want to mess with changing it every day. As long as I am at my goal by the end of the day Sunday, I am good.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I do, and still lose at a steady rate. I have a couple of lower days during the week so I can have dinner with friends on the weekends and not have to worry about it. I think a lot of successful people here " save calories" for when they need them. If you use an iPhone or pad app it will even show you the weekly goal and how many calories you have left.

^ This.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I always go by the weekly total. If you have the mobile MFP app they have that feature on there.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have ~1,000 calories left over from yesterday. I'm having today's breakfast right now, followed by yesterday's dinner, followed by today's lunch, followed by yesterday's late snack, followed by a ~15 mile walk fuelled by chocolate bars (some of which may be tomorrow's AM snack depending on if the walk goes past midnight), followed by either a late or AM snack depending on where I have spare calories, followed by either (a) today's dinner, or (b) tomorrow's breakfast, or (c) sleep, followed by either (a) sleep, (b) tomorrow's breakfast, or (c) today's dinner. I'll probably fit some ice lollies or ice cream in there somewhere.

I thought of using the weekly totals, but prefer logging the calories where they fit. If I'm 24-36 hours behind on consumption, I cut back on exercise until I catch up.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weekly targets have worked well for me. I have averaged one or two days per week of higher calories and one or two days per week of lower calories. It has made it easier for things like birthdays, holidays, vacation days or any other celebrations that normally result in higher calories.
  • mkghbrad
    mkghbrad Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks everyone