Jillian Michael's dvd collection

Options
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read my post :-)

I have just purchased the JM collection which includes 30DS, banish fat, no more trouble zones & 6 week 6 pack.

My question is, how can I mix them up to still get all the results OR should I do in dvd at a time? I've tried the shred & got a bit bored after a week so next time my ipod will be going in & see if that helps!

Any good reviews on these? Has it worked for you?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Stacey. X

Replies

• capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Well I've not done 6W6P, but I did the 30 DS twice, though I only completed level 2 both times. Usually people do the shred alone, or mix it with some cardio/pilates. As far as NMTZ and Banish Fat go, I mix them up (like alternate days) so that I get both cardio and strength, but longer hours of each. This is kind of what most people do with these two videos.
  • fnixrebrn
    fnixrebrn Posts: 27
    Options
    You can mix those DVDs up, there is a program called 30 Day Slim Down (schedule below) created by Jillian Michaels that uses NMTZ, BFBM and 30 Day Shred or create your own and switch everyday/every other day the DVDs.

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

I have all of those DVDs and have tried 30DS, 6W6P and Ripped in 30, I like the results that they put out (profile pic) . After doing 30DS everyday with only 1 day of rest, I started to get bored so I alternated 6W6P and RI30 and I prefer to switch her videos, works different body parts and I am mentally/physically not bored.

I am on my last week on both DVDs and will start NMTZ and BFBM alternating the same way. I have been primarily using JM DVDs and running as my exercise and they DO work.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of Jillian and jogging... usually more jogging with Jillian on days that it rains or cross training days.

I did 30 DS through level 2. After a few days of level 3, I got bored and decided to mix it up with 6W6P. I started all of this in February, and have since lost 10 pounds, 2 inches of waist, and nearly a pant size. (Jeans that were way too tight are now too big.) Although, I must admit that I lost half of that due to a bad stomach virus.

I'd say mix it up with the different dvd's. That will keep you from getting bored mentally and also confuse your muscles/make sure it doesn't get too easy!
  • StaceyLG86
    Options
    You can mix those DVDs up, there is a program called 30 Day Slim Down (schedule below) created by Jillian Michaels that uses NMTZ, BFBM and 30 Day Shred or create your own and switch everyday/every other day the DVDs.

DAY 7 - OFF!

DAY 14 - OFF!

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    Q
    I have all of those DVDs and have tried 30DS, 6W6P and Ripped in 30, I like the results that they put out (profile pic) . After doing 30DS everyday with only 1 day of rest, I started to get bored so I alternated 6W6P and RI30 and I prefer to switch her videos, works different body parts and I am mentally/physically not bored.

I am on my last week on both DVDs and will start NMTZ and BFBM alternating the same way. I have been primarily using JM DVDs and running as my exercise and they DO work.

Wow that's fab thank you. Was a bit unsure if I would mix it up and still get the same results?! Great abs thou you have there :-) x
  • StaceyLG86
    Options
    I do a mix of Jillian and jogging... usually more jogging with Jillian on days that it rains or cross training days.

I did 30 DS through level 2. After a few days of level 3, I got bored and decided to mix it up with 6W6P. I started all of this in February, and have since lost 10 pounds, 2 inches of waist, and nearly a pant size. (Jeans that were way too tight are now too big.) Although, I must admit that I lost half of that due to a bad stomach virus.

I'd say mix it up with the different dvd's. That will keep you from getting bored mentally and also confuse your muscles/make sure it doesn't get too easy!
    well done on your achievement. I do get bored very easily & with the weather warmiing up & having to use a foreign gym (I'm English living in Germany) I really don't get the results I want because of the language barrier & slog out for nothing! X
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

DAY 7 - OFF!

DAY 14 - OFF!

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 26 - OFF!

What is Quick Trouble Zones?
  • fnixrebrn
    Options

What is Quick Trouble Zones?

Since I haven't done it, I looked it up and found...

Quick Trouble Zones workout is circuits 1-4 of No More Trouble Zones (this was created by Exercise TV)
  • fnixrebrn
    Options

Wow that's fab thank you. Was a bit unsure if I would mix it up and still get the same results?! Great abs thou you have there :-) x

Thank you! :blushing:

I don't think it matters whether you mix it up or do one DVD at a time, you will get the same results. Remember that nutrition is important as well as exercise.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I did them all separately. Shred first, then Ripped in 30, and now 6 week 6 pack. I mix Ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack now though (M, W, F 6w6p and T and TH Ripped in 30 level 3/4.) Saturdays I do Shiva Rea yoga DVD (50 mins) and Sunday is rest day (30 min walk.)