Has anyone tried the 'Zombies, Run!' app?

Options
I just downloaded it to my Android. I'm going to start tonight. I'm just letting my 100 calorie popcorn settle.
I have seen good reviews on the Google Play store, however I'm curious if any of you have tried it.
What's your take on it? Awesome? Not Awesome?

I feel like it will be a good tool to make my runs less tedious and less boring.

Replies

• TattednPierced
    Options
    Bump...
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Bump...

After only ~20 minutes???

:grumble:
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    Bump...

After only ~20 minutes???

:grumble:

:smokin:
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the Zombies, Run! 5k training app and just the normal zombies, run! app.

The 5k training is what I'm using now. It's neat! Make sure you sync to your online account- that will tell you lots of awesome details about your run.
  • Jglowmu
    Jglowmu Posts: 3
    Options
    I've tried it a couple times. I think it's a fun motivator to really get some sprints into my running routine. HOWEVER, I tend to run at night, and honestly, I was freaked out just a bit in the dark (even though I was running with friends and had the sound on speaker). LOL Now that we have longer daylight, I'm planning on using it a bit more. :-)
  • giggles2giggle
    giggles2giggle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome! wish my phone could get it
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yup! I have it on my Galaxy.

I took it out for a run in the middle of the night around my streets and lets just say I ran for my life haha

It's really good :)
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's basically amazing. There's a group for it here on MFP too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6558-zombies-run-group
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Love it love it love it! I always turn around when I'm on my own and it's quiet out when I hear noises... y'know, just in case ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a couple times. I think it's a fun motivator to really get some sprints into my running routine. HOWEVER, I tend to run at night, and honestly, I was freaked out just a bit in the dark (even though I was running with friends and had the sound on speaker). LOL Now that we have longer daylight, I'm planning on using it a bit more. :-)

I work graveyard shift including the weekends. On the weekends it's not that busy at my work so I'll go outside for up to 30 mins and jog. It's awesome to listen to and motivate you at 2AM.
  • sarannakitten
    Options
    I did mission 1 of the regular zombie app, and although I finished, it took it out of me...soo... 5k training time!
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE it! I will start my week 3 next week, would be starting Friday but going out of town for a while. My tip, make sure if you use a playlist youve created, to click on the playlist before you start the run as you're going into the app, and make the songs shuffle. I had 3 miserable runs of the same songs over and over before I realized I could choose to shuffle my playlist