Options
:wink: Hi, I just joined.....we shall see....... I really really really plan on losing weight! This is it! No more excuses!! I don't know how I am going to deal with the chocolate cravings, but my life has slowly changed over time to the point where it doesn't even resemble my old life...due to my weight gain. I am going to the beach next week and am not even going to wear a swim suit! No way!! Shorts and tee shirts it is! This isn't really a new topic, just wanted to say Hi.......later, Nancy

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hi, I just joined.....we shall see....... I really really really plan on losing weight! This is it! No more excuses!! I don't know how I am going to deal with the chocolate cravings, but my life has slowly changed over time to the point where it doesn't even resemble my old life...due to my weight gain. I am going to the beach next week and am not even going to wear a swim suit! No way!! Shorts and tee shirts it is! This isn't really a new topic, just wanted to say Hi.......later, Nancy

Hi Nancy! Welcome to MFP!

I know exactly what you mean about the chocolate cravings, God how I loved the stuff! :laugh:

I did find though, that as I resisted it at first, hard as it was, it got easier by the day and now, eight and a half weeks into my weight loss programme, I do not crave it at all (never thought I would ever say that!) Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Good luck with your weight loss, feel free to add me if you want, it is always good to have support along the way :flowerforyou:
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nancy.......I know the feeling about the weight gain. I don't even suffer from Chocolate cravings and I can't shake the weight. I wish you all the luck!!!

Go for the goal.
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Nancy:happy: You will do well here. Lots of support and help. Love the "oreo cookie" story. I remember having a room mate who always had a bag in the pantry and they would last forever!! I never understood how she could eat just one now and then. I still tease her about it to this day and she is still thin!! Welcome to the club. With all this support we can forget about those oreos too!!:laugh: Glad to see you here!! Gail
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LotusF1ower----congrats. your doing great. What has worked for you? 19 lbs is great!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    LotusF1ower----congrats. your doing great. What has worked for you? 19 lbs is great!

Wow thanks! :flowerforyou:

I am on 1200 calories per day, exercise on the treadmill three times per week, I don't eat my exercise calories though.

I just make sure i log all food and drink, weigh and measure myself once per week.

Oh, the other thing I have done is cut out all cakes, biscuits, sweets and of course, choccie and upped my protein, it fills me up, stops me snacking or bingeing then.

Really enjoying it to be honest :happy:
  • lighthouse1
    Options
    Hi and Welcome.

I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey, I too have only just joined