corset, wate band, band trimmer etc... (Jessica Alba)

Options
hello every one please add me if you would like i need friends on here.. lol such a loner.... im so new at this although i had it for a while... lol i was wondering if anybody new any information about the corset that Jesicca Alba wore to apparently lose weight? she said she wore two and it worked just fine for her...

Replies

• lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nope sure do not know but you can add me :D (anyone feel free to add me)
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    No shortcuts, just cal deficit and exerise... it's just alot easier when you have Jessica Alba's resources.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    nope i don't either you can add me too if you like.
  • nrod1988
    nrod1988 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think you are talking about those waist trimmers u wear while u work out... i bought one a while back from curves and i do use it... it works... u will deff break a sweat wearing one
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    u will deff break a sweat wearing one

sweating is irrelevant.

eating at a calorie deficit is much MUCH more influential to your weight loss than what you wear, or whether you exercise.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If it's one of those things that makes you sweat ...... yes it "works" - you will lose WATER weight.

To lose weight permanently you will want to lose FAT ..... this requires a calorie deficit. Slow & steady .... no shortcuts.
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    Babooshbaby.com has one for $60. From what I've read, they're mostly for post pregnancy. I think its best to try eating right and exercising first and then when you're closer to your goal, if you still want to wear it, buy it then. If you start off with it, you might not see permanent results. Start off with a healthy mindset about how to treat your body right, then work your way to fun things like trimmers and corsets. :]

Good luck!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I would imagine you are thinking of the little belts you were while working out. All those do is make you sweat which causes you to lose some water weight. They don't actually make you lose fat.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I googled it, and it looks like its supposed to be to hold up/in all the extra skin after giving birth, which I imagine might be nice if you stretched a whole lot and it is uncomfortable. If it is there to help lose weight, the weightloss is probably from a combination of sweat and having the thing so tight you can't eat much (basically temporary lap band), which sounds like a TERRIBLE idea. You don't learn portion control and develop sustainable habits from preventing your body from functioning normally. Jessica Alba also has trainers and lots of other resources, so I guarantee she didn't lose baby weight just by wearing a corset.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think you are talking about those waist trimmers u wear while u work out... i bought one a while back from curves and i do use it... it works... u will deff break a sweat wearing one

Yea, I had one of these. Despite working my butt off, I am one of those people who don't sweat and retain a lot of water. They work for that only.

However, I think the OP is talking about the post-pregnancy corsets. Women have been wearing these after giving birth years. You have to do it right after having the baby. I read the article you saw and they never mentioned the brand name. But if you go to a maternity store, you may be able to find a good one. I don't think they work unless you are new mom, if they work at all.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me :3
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    They do have post-pregnancy corsets that women can buy that are supposed to help return the body to pre-pregnancy shape. They are also supposed to help pull your hip bones back in, etc. I have heard of women also getting specially designed corsets for times other than pregnancy that can do some things to change the shape of the body. From what I understand, they aren't horribly comfortable and don't help you lose weight, just redistribute it.
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm definitely not into the wearing a corset for that reason. I just work out and eat right. Feel free to add me.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Not to burst anyone's dreams but.. I read this on another forum. Apparently what Jessica Alba did was use a double corset to help her body shrink down again after giving birth. I could have the details wrong but from what I understood this method would only work if you had just given birth.

http://www.bellefit.com/

That's a website that sells the postpartum corsets. Scroll down and it explains how it is meant to reposition the organs, spine, help with posture, etc.... meant to help you bounce back to your pre-pregnancy body :) (Which for Jessica Alba was pretty awesome already right? lol). Of course the media will try to sway this slightly but I guess the method has been around for years.

Anyways it's interesting definitely but if you aren't recently postpartum, then this method will probably not work :/
  • maryripps
    Options
    Where did you get it?
  • milkydud85
    milkydud85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys.. you guy are all awesome i greatly appreciate..
  • Hepburn43
    Hepburn43 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know what you are referring to. When I had my first baby, my mom took ace bandages and wrapped me up tight and then squeezed me into the smallest girdle she could find. Breast feeding and this helped me to get my shape back pretty quick. I have done this every birth since. I have three children and a 27 inch waist (THANKS MOM!) You can purchase these at Belle fit. They are for post pregnancy, but I have seen clients wear them while working out. THAT BEING SAID, diet is 80% and exercise 20% for a successful waistline. Best of luck :smile:
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a dumb question, but along the same lines. Not necessarily to lose weight, but would it help you keep your core tight and concentrate on your core if you wore it while working out? When I am doing Zumba I am constantly forgetting to tighten my core and tighten just the muscle we are working on. Sometimes it is a lot to concentrate on!
  • milkydud85
    milkydud85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yes, i agree i do alot of group excersises at the gym and i was thinking beside it helping me lose weight i can definatley use it to help me keep my core tucked in because im always forgetting....i want to get the most effective work out posiible...
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It is a waist cincher. Alba had the Almighty Cincher from AMIA.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ8AGH4/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item