Compulsive Over-Eating

Options
I've come to realize that I have this problem. I've done some research on it but nothing is very helpful as to how to overcome it. Everybody who does have information wants me* to buy their book -_-. and maybe I will sometime,but its not in the budget right now. So I'm just hoping somebody here has/had the same problem. I really need some help and/or advice. Thx

Replies

• esballet
    esballet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of really good groups here on mfp for compulsive and emotional eaters. I'm a member of 'emotional eating' and 'binge eating support group' and they both are really helpful and full of supportive people!
  • kayygreat
    kayygreat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have the same problem. I haven't bought any books either but from what I've found the best thing to do it keep all binge foods out of the house and only buy snacks in individual packets. Also try to find something else to do when you get emotional like exercise, writing in a diary, calling a friend, painting, etc. Hope this helps!
  • gagatcu
    gagatcu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went to 2 OA meetings per week for over a year. Just being in the setting of people who did not want to eat compulsively was a great support in itself.