Couch to 5k

Options
Hey everybody! I'm doing the C25K. Just started week one. Does anyone know what the calories are that are burned typically each week? I'm trying to figure out how to put it in my exercise log :)

Replies

• wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your burn isn't going to be the same as anyone else's burn. Others will suggest a heart rate monitor, which is probably a good idea. I don't have one (yet), so I depend on the treadmill's estimate. Perhaps it's inaccurate, but I'm happy with my results so far, so whatev.

Good luck on C25K! I just finished it and I thought it worked well for my needs, hopefully you'll have the same experience!
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I enter total running time and then enter total walking time. Starting out, a 12 minute mile would be a safe "slow jog" assumption.

You might be able to back into it by checking heartrate after each interval to figure out your average rate for some calcs... I'm not that obsessive though. As long as I'm out there hoofing it, that's good enough for me...

:wink:
  • jsills2010
    Options
    I also use couch 2 5k and I added my age weight and gender into the treadmill to get a more accurate calories burned reading and added it to mfp manually and just went off of what the treadmill said I burned.