Favorite lunches- eating out?

Options
I didnt have a chance to pack a lunch last night or this morning and must eat out today. Im looking for some inspriation to stay on track with a healthy lunch. Post your favorite lunches and where you get them.

thanks!

Replies

• Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Subway Ham on whole wheat, load up on your fav veggies.
  • Sandeee
    Sandeee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can go with Panera's Garden Vegetable Soup or Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup. Add a whole grain baguette, I believe the total is 360 calories. Also low calorie in Wendy's chili.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If I forget my lunch, I'll just stop by the grocery store during lunch and pick up something for the microwave. It's cheaper than eating at a restaurant and keeps me on track.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    If I forget my lunch, I'll just stop by the grocery store during lunch and pick up something for the microwave. It's cheaper than eating at a restaurant and keeps me on track.

And now most grocery stores have deli sections where you can purchase fresh salads or some (Kroger's) even have bars where you can make your own. Also can buy baby carrots, hummus, fresh fruit........all far better than restaurant food. BUT if you are set on eating out, I go to Jason's Deli (it is a franchise) and they have low calorie wraps, or most any restaurant has a variety of salads that you can request a balsamic vinaigrette on the side to ensure limiting calories from excessive dressings. Many restaurants have nutritional menus posted online so that you can pre-select what would be fitting, but in general wraps and salads offer the best low calorie options.
  • afrase
    afrase Posts: 21
    Options
    Subway-Orchard Chicken salad on honey oat with spinach leaves, onions and whatever veggies you want. Yum!!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's Fresco menu...the grilled steak taco is very good and only 160 cals.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I sort of keep a kitchen of condiments at my desk, so much lunches can be doctored or concocted pretty easily:

A cobb salad (no dressing - I add my own) from pretty much anywhere.
    Roasted chicken & hot veggie from the hot food bar @ Wegmans
    Sashimi from Wegmans
    (from the grocery store) - can of tuna w/olive oil, some spices/EVOO (keep 'em at my desk just in case), on top of some bagged lettuce. YUM.
    Smoked chicken & side veggie from ****ey's BBQ
    Scungilli or antipasta salad from a local Italian place
    Part of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store along with some baby carrots. Mmm...chicken.
    (also from the grocery store) - buy a bag of Asian stir fry steamer veggies and a bag of ready-made grilled chicken strips - pop it in a bowl, heat it, and add some spices & soy sauce. AWESOME. Easy to keep in the fridge at work, too.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Froots small Mediterranean wrap (370cals) with a small berry bopper smoothie (170cals)

Very filling. So delicious.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    McDonald's grilled chicken snack wrap with no dressing, and a fruit & yogurt parfait. One of my favorite lunches!
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Burger King's new Tendergrilled Garden Salad is really quite tasty, and only has 300 calories before the dressing.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Jason's Deli Spinach wrap, or we go to ruby tuesday's and I get the salad bar with a baked potato.
  • BoThomas
    BoThomas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine, or Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals are in the freezer section at the grocery store...usually under 300 calories and microwave in under 5 minutes.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    subway is pretty safe. thats what i plan on doing for lunch myself :D
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad. Delicious and only 280 calories. Skip the baguette that comes with it because that is close to 300 calories by itself.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    When I go out for lunch its usually subway or a chargrilled chicken sandwich from Chickfila with a fruit cup. :)
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is the You Pick 2 at Panera: 1/2 cup low fat chicken noodle soup (80 cal) and 1/2 tomato, mozzarella and basil salad, without croutons (210 cal). You can also ask them to put the oil and vinegar on the side and add it yourself so you can control how much you use. Yummy!