Scrambled eggs

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
How Much milk should i put to 2 eggs scrambled?

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Do you have to put milk in? I think they are better without. :)
  • Ceilidh_H
    Ceilidh_H Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have stopped putting milk in my scrambled eggs period. I didn't find that it really added anything. If you are looking to add a bit off protein the just add a splash while you are whisking them or you could try adding hemp hearts, just a little so the texture is not noticeable.
  • tpenha
    tpenha Posts: 19
    Options
    I like my scrambled eggs with a mashed banana added to it! it is so yummie. don't knock it til you try it!
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I only use a splash of milk. I do not add much, just enough to add a lil fluff to them. You can can use water in them too but not quite the same affect.

I use to work the cafeteria in college on the omelet bar, milk adds a little to them but not a whole lot. We used water for people who were lactose intolerant and milk in the others.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    broccoli-and-cheese-mini-egg-omelets.jpg

YUMM!!!!
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use water! It has exactly the same effect, without making the eggs heavy. Whisk while you add a splash of water to get some air bubbles in there. Makes them nice and fluffy.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    you can make scrambled eggs with any left over in your fridge too. One of my favorites is mexican scrambled eggs, using left over from taco/burritos. Or throw a bunch or veggies together sauteing (bell peppers, onion, mushrooms) them and throwing eggs into them.
  • katiethedetermined1
    katiethedetermined1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Use water, it is no calories and makes them fluffier!!!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I only add milk if I'm making French Toast...
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I just use water
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I usually just add a small splash of milk but I never measure it...
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    whole carton
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I use only egg whites and I don't add anything except hot sauce. I've never added milk or water and I didn't even know people did that until I read this post haha.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    None. Duh.
  • JesChernosky
    JesChernosky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Water will make your eggs much fluffier. I use it for my scramble eggs and omlets. Less calories/protein and I think the eggs taste better.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I use a splash of heavy whipping cream. Makes the fluffiest scrambled eggs ever! :smile:
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just put two eggs and that's it. Its yummy for me!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I use a splash of heavy whipping cream. Makes the fluffiest scrambled eggs ever! :smile:

same here, not much of a calorie difference either
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to use milk to scramble eggs.
    Spray some PAM on the frying pan, break eggs into the pan, on medium heat just move the spatula around the eggs and BAM, they're scrambled.

Add your salt/pepper or whatever else you want.
  • suezensays
    suezensays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving broccoli and cheese mini egg omelets. Damn.

I use a little water. I used to use milk, or half and half, but really can't notice a difference now. That may be because I snarf them down so fast. But in my little world of hidden calories that "don't count", I gained too much weight. So now I try to cut them when I don't need them.