Back on the band wagon!!!

kat1000000
kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Well i took a month or so off my diet to see how i would do. I gained 4 lbs, so considering that i had 2 week long vacation i was actually shocked i hadn't gained more. I am now back in the saddle and want to drop at least another 15 to 20 before my next vacation in november. I can do this, i know i can, i'm not trying to get skinny that is not going to happen. I just want to feel better, and have more energy. I am not having any health problems yet and since i am 41, smoke and have been considered obese for most of my life that alone is a surprise. I would love to be just "over weight" for a change, LOL! I know i feel much better now that i have lost over 30 lbs since the first of the year, i just didn't know i felt as bad as i did before. The only issue i am having at this point is my skin is getting really loose and that is really depressing. I know we can not afford for me to have the extra skin removed when i get to my goal weight and i don't know how i am going to handle that. I drink plenty of water but i guess at my age it is just never going to bounce back from my years of being over weight. Does anyone have any ideas that may help with this issue?

kat

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I do not have any suggestions regarding the loose skin, but wanted to take the time to say I am glad you are back and working on improving your health. You will continue to feel better as you continue to lose weight. I am so amazed at how much better my knees, hips and other weight bearing joints feel now that I have lost weight and I DO have more energy and a brighter outlook too! Please continue to eat healthy, exercise and make the hard choices to continue on your lifestyle change. The saggy skin can be frustrating I know, but hopefully as you continue to feel better, you will have more energy to do more weights, and toning and/or yoga to assist in this area. Keep up the good work and welcome back! You CAN do it!
  • pixieE
    pixieE Posts: 30
    Welcome back!

I don't actually have any advice to offer about the loose skin, but i do know how you feel. I lost loads of weight a few years ago and my skin never 'bounced' back into shape which left me with loose baggy skin everywhere. It was soul destroying as i worked so hard to shift the lbs.
    I was lucky enough to have had a tummy tuck two years ago which sorted the skin out on my stomach but i still have loose saggy skin on my thighs, upper arms and my bum :(
    The only way i could find acceptance of this skin was to realise that although i have this saggy skin, i'm not as heavy as i was and i am far more healthier than i was, i've reduced my risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. I also find that looking in the mirror with clothes on makes me realise i'm not as 'body ugly' as i thought i was :)

It sounds like you've come such a long way and put in so much effort to lose weight so try not to be too disheartened by the skin you're in, its just a shell, and the most important thing is your inner healthier self as you carry on shifting those lbs.
    Best of luck to you x
This discussion has been closed.