Boils and or abcesses....sorry if this is tmi....HELP

Options
13»

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    your doc shouldn't just brush this off as friction and ''it'll get better as you lose''.
    if your doc doesn't listen, change your doc.

Your doctor is privy to the rest of your health information, like fasting glucose test results, your history with respect to this skin problem, before you started exercising, information that people on the internet don't have.
    if it is painful and causing scarring and distress then some treatment options should be brought up, even if only to explain why they can't be used in her case. brushing people off without explanation is poor practice.

i've spent too long seeing mistakes and neglect every day to put blind faith in ''doctor knows best!''
  • myfrogs11
    myfrogs11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try looking at earthclinic.com under boils and turmeric. It's all user testimonials.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Drain them and get on antibiotics. I was on the junk for a few years so I used to get them on my hands, arms, and feet from shooting up.

WTG girl.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    your doc shouldn't just brush this off as friction and ''it'll get better as you lose''.

Your doctor is privy to the rest of your health information, like fasting glucose test results, your history with respect to this skin problem, before you started exercising, information that people on the internet don't have.
    if it is painful and causing scarring and distress then some treatment options should be brought up, even if only to explain why they can't be used in her case. brushing people off without explanation is poor practice.

i've spent too long seeing mistakes and neglect every day to put blind faith in ''doctor knows best!''

That doesn't change the fact that the OP has gone to a doctor, and that the doctor might be right, the problem might be friction, and that her doctor might have already ruled out the scarier conditions that a lot of people are suggesting, like Staph infections, diabetes, and incurable genetic diseases. She can get a second opinion, a referral to a dermatologist, or try some compression shorts and antibacterial soap, but a lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that she has something more serious.
  • glovepuppet
    Options

That doesn't change the fact that the OP has gone to a doctor, and that the doctor might be right, the problem might be friction, and that her doctor might have already ruled out the scarier conditions that a lot of people are suggesting, like Staph infections, diabetes, and incurable genetic diseases. She can get a second opinion, a referral to a dermatologist, or try some compression shorts and antibacterial soap, but a lot of people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that she has something more serious.
    it's the internet. post you have a bruise on your toe and some muppet will think you have cancer.

that doesn't alter the fact that there are topical treatments, there are antibiotics. if a doctor is leaving a patient in distress then that doctor should give them a good explanation as to why.

constant infection is an issue.
  • combatbunny
    combatbunny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you have MRSA.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

it's the internet. post you have a bruise on your toe and some muppet will think you have cancer.

that doesn't alter the fact that there are topical treatments, there are antibiotics. if a doctor is leaving a patient in distress then that doctor should give them a good explanation as to why.

constant infection is an issue.

^^^ Yes.
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    I got something similar in high school (although it was never super bad in the thigh area since I always wore pants), and it was a staph infection. Get a second opinion and a blood test, potentially followed by antibiotics! I had to take them for about a month, then again for a few weeks at the 6-month mark, and it's been 10 years since my last outbreak.
  • Kingacat
    Kingacat Posts: 33
    Options
    I had the worst boil ever in my armpit 10 days ago. It was so painful and kept me awake at night. My colleague told me to use tea tree oil on it and it cleared up within a week! I was considering going to the Dr but reluctant to go on antibiotics and pay the $65 consultation fee. My colleague also told me that if you add pepper to your diet that keeps them away. Worth a try I guess....
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    zombie thread.
  • brianrichardson93
    Options
    Crazy thing is im in good shape not over weight but I get these things too. I get them all on my lower body (pubic area inner thighs hips and buttocks) still have no idea why. My hips are built close together and since ive started been hitting the gym and my quads have gotten bigger its got worse. Ive tried popping them and leaving them alone too. Nothing really works and when I dont pop them they either pop on their own or go away still leaving a scar. I wanted to do fitness modeling but idk how ima do it with marked up body :(