Lower sugar ideas?

Options
First of all I should say I'm not big into super detail dieting. I usually just try to stay within my calorie limit and exercise. I have 2 jobs and a lot of other obligations but that seems to be working best for me. But yesterday I looked at my food diary for the last few days and I'm forever going over my sugar intake. Upon further inspection I noticed that the culprit for my high sugar intake is the fruit. I eat about 2-3 servings of fruit everyday and that sends me over all the time! I usually eat oranges, apples, and bananas. Are there any suggestions for lower sugar fruits I can eat or am I overreacting? Thanks!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it.
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    strawberries, blueberries, raspberries :)
  • ktdeangelis
    ktdeangelis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just posted about this exact topic this morning! People had some really helpful comments:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973944-sugar
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it.

QFT
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I will step back a few feet. Sorry.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Substitute some nuts for fruit (almonds or pistachios are best, no peanuts). Dove makes some awesome dark chocolate covered almonds if you need a bit of a sweet kick.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I will step back a few feet. Sorry.

@whierd....that's cute :wink: :smile:
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    Substitute some nuts for fruit (almonds or pistachios are best, no peanuts). Dove makes some awesome dark chocolate covered almonds if you need a bit of a sweet kick.

Yeah, when I want something salty, I always go for nuts. Nuts can satisfy just as good as something sweet.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Yeah, when I want something salty, I always go for nuts. Nuts can satisfy just as good as something sweet.

*bites his lip to suppress his laugh*
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

*bites his lip to suppress his laugh*

Well, if you're looking for things to bite......