Giving this my best shot!

Options
Hi all
Trying to lose weight but know its going to be hard. This site looks good, going to try a bit of rosemary conelly fitness dvd that i have, it that old she looks about 15 in it . Possibly a bit of swimming later, but a bit nervous about getting bod out. Feel positive today but as with every other time ive tried to lose weight this feeling might not last too long.

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best site to lose weight. Just use the tools, log everything you eat and you will find the weight coming off.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Try to keep your positive attitude, & remember this isn't a diet - you are trying to begin a lifestyle change. Adopting a healthier lifestyle including eating right and excercising more is the key to weight loss. You can do this! I have tried to lose weight before but never really committed to anything - now that I have been using this site the weight loss has just "happened" - it was a bit of an adjustment at first, but I can honestly say the reason I have been able to stick with it is that I don't feel that I am depriving myself or "on a diet" instead I try to make small, conscious choices everyday - like only having a tablespoon of syrup on a waffle instead of a quarter cup. Good luck!!
  • MrsBling
    MrsBling Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks mom Your doing brill. I think this could be good just being able to talk with people in the same boat. Cant wait to see i have lost something decent in weight
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Thanks hungry teech. Positive attitude love it
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi there!
    Welcome to this site. I signed up last month and have been so happy with how it really keeps me on track. The best advice I can give is start adding a bunch of friends (I will send a friend request to you of course!) and use the food and exercise log. Before getting on here, I never knew how to eat healthy and had no idea how to deal with that slow progression of weight gain since my pre-baby years.
    Welcome and I'm sure you will do great with all of us supporting you!
    Katie
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Thanks katie a friend request would be great
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Welcome

I've only been on this site a week but I'm loving it, there are always people around to answer questions and offer advise and encouragement
    Possibly a bit of swimming later, but a bit nervous about getting bod out.
    I know that feeling but most people dont really care what you look like. I will be going swimming for the first time in nearly 40 years next week (I've been waiting for the doctors approval because of a leg ulcer). I know I will look like an elephant in a tutu but once I'm in the water no one will see or care. I must admit I will be going at 7.30 am because there will be no kids about then.
    Feel positive today but as with every other time ive tried to lose weight this feeling might not last too long.
    Dont worry about the future just stay with that positive feeling for today, we all have to live one day at a time, and after a few positive days have gone by and you start to see results it will increase your determination
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Losing weight is hard, but you have taken a good first step. You will love MFP! Try adjusting your attitude each day when you get out of bed and look in the mirror and say to yourself I am making lifestyle changes for my health and just take it one day at a time. If you will outline (think about) what you are going to eat for the day and pack your snacks and lunch if you are out of the house, you will find that you can be so much more successful. Clear your house of trigger foods that are not healthy and you know you are going to have a hard time resisting. I will send you a friend request and be glad to encourage and support you. You will be so happy when the weight starts coming off and you are feeling better and more energized!
  • FeatherStone13
    Options
    YAY Welcome! This site has helped me lose weight without even trying. I'm very visual, and by seeing all the calories I actually intake I stopped eatting as much junk, and replaced it with good stuff. If I want to over eat (party or something) I know I have to excersize and work at it. Don't give up, we are all in the same boat!
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Thanks dumbo ill think of what you say as i bear the gauntlet to the water lol
  • MrsBling
    Options
    Thanks holton. Unfortunately cant keep the treats away coz of the kids but im not too bad in that area. definetely not keeping in as many though.