Will smoking be banned?

Options
124»

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Why wait 18 years? Get an ecig, you'll like it better.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I quit snorting heroine, but I desperately look forward to the day when I can restart an old addiction that is expensive, unhealthy, and will most likely kill me.

Sounds legit.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Please read Alan Carrs Easyway to Stop Smoking, it costs next to nothing and it'll banish any thoughts of looking forward to smoking.

As for whether it'll be banned? No way, there's money in tobacco and money in people trying to quit tobacco (unless you stick it to em and read the book!)

Again, PLEASE get the book, trust me!

This is good advice. I am smoke free 25 days today. Read the book.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Heck no, they need the tax money off it.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi there

This is just a question i am putting out there- do u think all smoking will be banned in the future and ciggerates will be illegal?

I am a non smoker of four years and my husband and me always said when we stopped smoking- it will not be forever. Once our youngest- who is ten weeks now- turns 18 and leaves home (at 18 hopefully)..then we wll start smoking again. It may be long way off- we are looking at 2031, but its still something we both look fwd to.

However......the world is changing. do you think come 2031 ciggerates and alcohol will be contraband? that the world will be non smoking, non drinking .....that those who engage in 'sinful acts' will be outcasted?

do you think we will reach a stage where those who smoke will be incarcerated?

do you think everyone will be eating healthy food, taking regular exercise and we will be in the 'ideal state' where there wont be room for outcasts who like to light up?

I don't know, but I think your spelling is already illegal in 43 states.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and try to take that cigar from my right hand while simultaneously ducking my left hook.

The image of that made me laugh a little, even though I hate cigarette/cigar smoke. Just as long as you don't smoke while working out, right? :) I ran a 10 mile race yesterday...there were police personnel stationed at regular intervals throughout the race to direct traffic as necessary...one policeman was smoking a big ol' cigar as I ran by and I nearly barfed on him...cigar (or cigarette) smoke while one is attempting to do cardio work=not very healthy.

I don't give a rat's *kitten* if others want to pollute their own lungs with extra carcinogens (as there are so many in the air already, it's not just from smoking) but I do have a problem with getting smoke blown in my face in public places. Blech.

I have numerous friends who were long term smokers who have managed to quit (two quit even after 30plus years of smoking) and they have all said they feel healthier and would NEVER go back to it...why would anyone quit for 18 years and then start again? I don't get the thrill...but I tried smoking twice while in junior high school and it made me incredibly sick, so I never took up the habit.
  • danlie
    danlie Posts: 7
    Options
    HAHA, MY school UCLA is now prohibiting for smoking in any kinds! Shame on that!
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    exactly! one by one those who smoke/drink are being frowned upon by self righteous people who think they are better ......and eventually, i think these things will be banned.

we are lookin at communism whether we like it or not

People "look down" upon smokers because it effing stinks. & it's gross. & it's terrible for you. & because most smokers are inconsiderate *kitten*...

I'm saying this an ex-smoker...

THIS. Even when I was a smoker, i hated myself. And cripes, if I went to a restaurant that allowed smoking, GAG. It's disgusting.

I can't believe anyone would LOOK FORWARD to smoking again after you made it that far. Look forward to being healthy, and being able to lap the smokers you still know, gasping for air. Sheesh!

As for the communism stuff... I'll just back away slowly and look for my tinfoil.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    also if smoking is banned from shopping centres, hotels, bars, clubs, cinemas.....etc

then wont it be banned from everywhere else? then where can people smoke?

hovering behind the bike shed?

In their homes, outside and in their cars.

It's that way it works in the UK, btw. And it works pretty well. It's about the only sensible law any UK government has introduced in my lifetime.
  • jp619
    jp619 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am a non smoker of four years and my husband and me always said when we stopped smoking- it will not be forever. Once our youngest- who is ten weeks now- turns 18 and leaves home (at 18 hopefully)..then we wll start smoking again. It may be long way off- we are looking at 2031, but its still something we both look fwd to.

...One of the more stupid things I've ever read! Like saying I've lost weight but can't wait to put it all back on!
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The government will not try to outlaw smoking, because they learned from prohibition. But apparently they didn't learn well enough to not try to outlaw pot, heroin, coke, PCP, meth, hand guns, long guns, "assault rifles." You get the drift.

I think it's pretty funny that someone actually things that the government has learned something.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Everyone would live longer if they did make it illegal, which the government and doctors wouldn't be happy about, they want you to be sick that is why cigarettes and alcohol are legal but marijuana isn't. Cigarettes and alcohol are greatest source of population control and provides billions of dollars to doctors/insurance companies/major companies/etc. I wish it would be banned because we would have less pollution and I wouldn't be exposed to all this second hand smoke, and I would have few more relatives around if it wasn't for the smocking habits. But to each their own, it will never be illegal, not in our life time at least.
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

I like the picture but it's not conspiracy, it's fact. In united states the sicker the people are the more money doctors make, why do you think junk food is so cheap? It's consumed in much larger quantities than cigs. Cigarettes are more expensive because they know people will pay for them, there will always be a demand for it. In europe (where there is universal free healthcare) doctor's get bonuses for the people they get to quit to smoke, why? Because it cuts their healthcare costs. Here it's completely opposite way around...
  • HKSJS
    HKSJS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really wish it would be, it's really unpleasant having to stand at a crowded bus stop outside my college every day breathing in everyone's cigarette smoke :ohwell:
    And when I see my Aunt who is quite frail smoking and coughing like crazy, why on Earth would people do that to themselves?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hi there

This is just a question i am putting out there- do u think all smoking will be banned in the future and ciggerates will be illegal?

However......the world is changing. do you think come 2031 ciggerates and alcohol will be contraband? that the world will be non smoking, non drinking .....that those who engage in 'sinful acts' will be outcasted?

do you think we will reach a stage where those who smoke will be incarcerated?

do you think everyone will be eating healthy food, taking regular exercise and we will be in the 'ideal state' where there wont be room for outcasts who like to light up?

I don't know, but I think your spelling is already illegal in 43 states.

Well "smocking" wasn't much better...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and try to take that cigar from my right hand while simultaneously ducking my left hook.

The image of that made me laugh a little, even though I hate cigarette/cigar smoke. Just as long as you don't smoke while working out, right? :) I ran a 10 mile race yesterday...there were police personnel stationed at regular intervals throughout the race to direct traffic as necessary...one policeman was smoking a big ol' cigar as I ran by and I nearly barfed on him...cigar (or cigarette) smoke while one is attempting to do cardio work=not very healthy.

I don't give a rat's *kitten* if others want to pollute their own lungs with extra carcinogens (as there are so many in the air already, it's not just from smoking) but I do have a problem with getting smoke blown in my face in public places. Blech.

I have numerous friends who were long term smokers who have managed to quit (two quit even after 30plus years of smoking) and they have all said they feel healthier and would NEVER go back to it...why would anyone quit for 18 years and then start again? I don't get the thrill...but I tried smoking twice while in junior high school and it made me incredibly sick, so I never took up the habit.

I only smoke cigars. Usually while out walking, at venues that allow or promote cigars and, in my backyard. We used to have a cigar meeting in my backyard on the second Tuesday of every month. Just me and the guys I ride with. Most of them work for another company that has declared itself smoke free and has sanctions against anyone that smokes. So....we had to cancel our monthly cigar gathering.

We started meeting every second Tuesday for our "Book Club" meetings. We are now all avid readers.
This discussion has been closed.