I need advice?

Options
Hi guys, according to all the calorie calculators on the internet I need 2500 calories to maintain my weight and 1500 to lose extreme weight and I've been on around 1500 -1700 everyday in the last week on this I've gained 1kg? Im soooo confused!! I do admit I've been a bit slack on the cardio but I do weight training most days, I should still be losing weight and definitely not gaining it... Please any help?

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, according to all the calorie calculators on the internet I need 2500 calories to maintain my weight and 1500 to lose extreme weight and I've been on around 1500 -1700 everyday in the last week on this I've gained 1kg? Im soooo confused!! I do admit I've been a bit slack on the cardio but I do weight training most days, I should still be losing weight and definitely not gaining it... Please any help?

1) Shoot for 2000 calories per day if 2500 is your tdee. Always come in above 1800, perferebly above 1900.

2) Watch your macros. If you are weight training, lift heavy. Eat at least 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight. Shoot for 0.4 grams of fat per pound of body weight, but always hit between 0.3 grams and 0.5 grams per pound of body weight. Eat the balance in carbs.

I almost never do cardio. Cardio is good, I just hate it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    With 20 lbs to lose, you can't aim for extremely fast. Like djeffrey's said, aim for 2000 calories per day. A large calorie deficit can be stressful on your body and your body will prevent you from losing weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you've just started a weight routine you're very likely holding onto some extra water, too. Our bodies flood sore muscles with water to help them heal, which sometimes masks any weight loss happening. Be sure to stay hydrated and be patient. Weight loss isn't linear and you'll have up weeks and down weeks along the way.
  • youmadbrah123
    Options
    I feel like 2000 calories is to many? I could do 1500 a day without struggling shouldn't I take advantage of that? Would anyone be nice enough to put up just a 2 or 3 day meal routine so I can see if maybe its what I eat thats bad :) Ill talk your advice and try take in around 1900-2000 a day and see how it goes!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I feel like 2000 calories is to many? I could do 1500 a day without struggling shouldn't I take advantage of that? Would anyone be nice enough to put up just a 2 or 3 day meal routine so I can see if maybe its what I eat thats bad :) Ill talk your advice and try take in around 1900-2000 a day and see how it goes!

You are an 18 year old man, you need to eat a lot more than 1500.. that is what an inactive man needs at it's base. I am 30 years old, 5'11, @ 190 and I cut at 2500 calories. Why would you not want to eat more calories? Now, if you want ot lose muscle, then sure, starve yourself, but if you want to maintain your muscle, eat more. Obviously, what you are doing now isn't working or you wouldn't be asking the question, so why not try 2000 for a month and see how things go.