muscle tone for inner thighs

Options
Is there a muscle tone exercise that will really help target the inner thigh area? I have only just started exercising and am currently doing a Leslie Sansone walk video and have a lot of weight to lose.

Replies

• kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    fat tends to burn off last in the thigh/butt area. if you want to see a thigh gap or at least toned inner thighs, you not only have to do certain workouts to target the area, but you have to lose some of the fat in your body's fat to muscle ratio.

otherwise, check out INNER THIGHS workouts at the following blog:

www.blogilates.com

add me if you want support. i'll be here for any questions!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Plié squats. Actually do the 30 day squat challenge but plié instead.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I just started weighted plies.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat.

The actual "inner thigh" muscle is very small. There's really no reason to target it. Doing things like squats, lunges (both with weights), and deadlifts will work that muscle just fine AND work a bunch of other much more important muscles.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Body weight squats and lunges/ weighted squats and lunges as you get more comfortable.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    turn your feet out kind of like a ballerina and do squats on your tippy toes....that's what my gf said the personal trainer at her gym told her....its gets the pockets on the inner thighs worked out
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get DOMS from squats, it's nearly always the inner part of my thighs (and quads) that are sore the most. So I guess, squats?

As mentioned before though, you can't spot reduce fat. You can target particular muscles to work on, but not where you lose fat. That will come off with time by following a calorie deficit :smile:
  • danglarity
    danglarity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did a total body kettle bell workout (10lbs) and one of the routines was a straight-leg deadlift. I felt it so much in my inner thighs I wanted to cry every time I had to walk, sit or stand. And I felt this for days after the workout!!!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get DOMS from squats, it's nearly always the inner part of my thighs (and quads) that are sore the most. So I guess, squats?

As mentioned before though, you can't spot reduce fat. You can target particular muscles to work on, but not where you lose fat. That will come off with time by following a calorie deficit :smile:

Heidi knows it. I get the same thing from squats sometimes, if I push it hard, I'm unable to walk cause my inner thighs have been murdered. Oh yeah and I'm making excellent progress towards my thigh gap. :wink: