Helpful Tips for thighs?

Options
So I am seeing a reduction in waist size and tush but my thighs wont budge! What works well for you in shrinking thighs? Any help is appreciated as my jeans are fitting funky now, tight in the thighs and loose in the waist.

Replies

• monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as spot reducing. some fat takes longer to go. weight training can help tighten you up. don't be afraid to lift heavy- you will not bulk up or build muscle on top of fat. i lift heavy. with the right diet it will tighten you up and even shrink you. diet is key. i don't do any cardio- i just have a strict diet and i weight train. cardio is good for burning calories and should be incorporated if you want to lose weight or maintain but weight training will sculpt you.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wherever you gained weight first, you'll lose it last. Just keep working.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    spot reduction...a myth that everyone wishes existed.

If you want to firm up and tighten things, the only advice I have is pick up a weight lifting routine for the whole body (not just thighs). That's about the only opinion I have to give to make people look better. I lost 30lbs and lost nearly nothing from my hips. But they're a whole lot firmer now.
  • dalimama66
    dalimama66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so much cardio exercise daily and not making time for strength training at all. I'll start shaking things up tomorrow with a kettle-ball DVD set that hasn't been opened and has been sitting in the corner for the last month..