Accountability

Options
I'm in charge of my body and I've failed, Yesterday I went public to my friends and family that I'm sick of my weight and I am determined to lose it. I'm scared, and I'm nervous, but I'm also mad at myself for not starting this sooner. I'm going to do this, I deserve it.

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place and made the first step. That's the hardest part. Welcome!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It's not how you start, but how you finish. You have did a really hard thing to verbalize your thoughts to your friends and family. Now that you have made that first BIG step, you can start taking the baby steps to reaching your goals. And you definitely have come to the right place. On MFP you can track your food and exercise and gain a lot of support and help from other members.

Wish you well on your journey.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I got shivers reading your post. You have come to the right place. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck to you!!!

=) C
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You do deserve to be healthy, and your family and friends deserve for you to be healthy. Being accountable to others helps greatly. Just having to log in food daily and seeing what I really eat has been a major eye-opener for me. I've only been at this for about 5 1/2 weeks, but am feeling better. The wieght is starting to slowly come off. The support here is wonderful.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What a powerful declaration! You DO deserve this, and you have the support of a couple hundred MFP-ers to get you through!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    AMAZING...WONDERFUL glad you're here, join a group there are tons of good ones, I'm in a group called No More Excuses...its great!!! If you want a friend add me. Stay strong stay positive, it wont be an easy road and its not gonna happen overnight just have to stay the course.... I know you can do it, we all can if we just decide to!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I never told ANYONE what I weighed for years. I had some day surgery a few years ago and when they asked my weight in front of my husband I wouldn't even say it out loud.
    I decided to become accountable for myself and my decisions last year. I started this by banding together with my Mom, aunt, and cousin to share our weight loss journey's with each other. We all live in differenct cities so use email to keep in touch weekly. I decided to divulge my weight with everyone, my weight loss buddies, my husband, and my family. That was really hard because Im only 5'4" and topped the chargs at 220 lbs at the time. Each week when I weigh myself and record it I share that information with my support system also.
    Even though I was initially very embarassed about it I find now that it has become empowering to "report" this weekly. I've been very faithful to my new healthy way of life and Im now over 50% of the way to my goal. By next week I will be in the 180's and I figure by mid September I will be finally out of the obese classification, which Im quite excited about.
    I've never lost my weight "doing it right" before. It has always been with fad diets that are just not sustainable for life so I've put all my weight back on plus.
    I feel so empowered and strong now because I know this is for life. Im not on a diet, I've changed my life and know that once I get to my goal . . . as I have absolutely NO doubt that I will . . . I know I won't gain it back because Im doing it in the right way to be healthy for the rest of my life.
    This is an emotional journey, and you have taken the first step.
    Welcome to MFP! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you need some extra support!