Returning To MFP - Reintoroduction

Options
Hi everyone!

So I fell off the MFP wagon and fitness in general after a traumatic couple months in my life. I put back on the 15 pounds I lost before and fell into a bad place for a while. However I have came back with a vengeance!

In March I ran my first ever 5k and pushed myself hard finishing with a 45min 17 second finish! 5 min faster then my training time. Then after battling a lung infection and not being able to train inbetween, I ran a 10k with a time of 1h 37 min. Pretty sloppy time but considering lack of training and illness I am proud I finished.

Now that I've proved to myself I can accomplish alot if I try, It's time to crack down on my weight again. I have a few Adventure races in the summer (Warrior Dash and Zombie Run) as well as a few more 5k's and I want to do well and beat my times. I can't do that unless I lose weight so here I am!

Hope these work!

The end of the 5k
17989-874-18383913_zps39b51434.jpg

After the 10k
S3000028_zps6f74d699.jpg

-Meg

Replies

• starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    you're amazing! I'm sure you'll get back on track in no time! :) good luck!
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Keep telling yourself YOU CAN DO THIS! It will happen! I'm back again too. I gained 6 pounds in 4 months by lack of tracking the junk food and randomly exercising! I felt better becuase despite the gain, the majority of my meals were healthy. I'm back logging and exercising. I need to keep reminding myself that it's not a sprint but a marathon. It will happen!

Congrats on your running accomplishments! Jog/walking is my #1 exercise since last year. I ran over 6 5k's last year and got my time to 38.13 in November.

Good luck - We can do this!
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'm jumping back on the wagon too, friend request coming.
  • hbfirstlady
    hbfirstlady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats Megan for your accomplishments. Stick with your meal & fitness plan and the weight will come off. You did it once and you can do it again! :smile:
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    great that you came back! Thanks for the post, motivational!!
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Just take it one day at a time- and I know you'll reach your goals. I'm going to send a friend request!
  • joek5637
    joek5637 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    can u tell me how u got started training for your marathons I would love to be able to do one I have been running on a treadmill about 5 times a week trying to build up my legs been running 30 mins a day at 3 miles an hour at a 6% incline:smile:
  • Heevenlee83
    Options
    You are fab:) feel free to add me and anyone here that is looking for friends
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL - VERY PROUD OF YOU