NEW tips and motivaton!

Options
Hey everyone! :smile:

I am usually one of those "crazy" people who enjoy working out. Lately, due to summer and life in general, I have been VERY lax with my exercise regiment.
I used to go to work out 4-5 times a week. A typical week would be: zumba Mon and Wednesday, weight lift and run Tuesday and Thursday and "easy" run or hiking on the weekends.

The past couple (okay THREE) weeks, I've gone to zumba just once a week and lifted/ran once or twice a week. I just can't seem to find the motivation anymore.

MFPals, I need some new bits of encouragement! Anything from new playlists to new workout gear recommendations to new workout or diet plans! ANYTHING to get me excited about working out again...WHATCHA GOT?

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same rut!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe set a goal for yourself...something to work towards. I was in a workout rut, but I just decided to do a half-marathon in November. THAT got my butt back into gear! I'm not a runner by any means, but it's just something I always wanted to do. You could try a new kind of workout. I always check out what OnDemand has for free when I don't feel like doing my Jillian Michaels dvds. Last week, I did a Bollywood dance workout and had a blast with it!

Good luck and stick with it!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    First make a plan with a start date. What are your goals? Write them down and read them everyday. Make sure that you have a specific thing in mind. I want to lose 10 lbs is completely different than I will lose 10 lbs by logging all my foods at least 5 days a week and exercising one hour a day.

Put a start and end date on there--the anticipation of it will help carry you through. I was getting a new computer and planned on logging everyday once I got it. The anticipation really made a difference.

Put inspirational quotes on your mirror. I have a thing of post it notes by my computer and when I find a quote I like I write it down and put it up. It works with the books I read too. You can't maintain something if you don't remember it!

You can do this. Make a plan and follow through!
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment to exercise, just like any other meeting. Put it in your planner or wherever else you keep your calendar.
  • Walton4
    Walton4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!!!! I like to change up my work outs so I don't get bored. Try a work out tape, maybe walk with a friend, swimming, jump rope stationer bike, spin bike just do something differnt. Good luck! You can do it! Sometimes it's hard to find time todo things for us, trust me I know. I have a husband and 4 cute kids.
  • StaceysPaige
    Options
    Why not try a sport.....like tennis, or soccer, basketball or just somthing fun!!!
    Find a partner who needs you to play with them and then you won't want to let
    them down. I agree try somthing new and exciting to help keep you going!!!
    But whatever you do, just don't give up!!!:smile:
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been there, i am getting back on track with my zumba workouts- i was doing 2 video at 4 am 5-6 times a week, and then got sick. so far i am doing 3 times a week about 2 video, i am starting back slowly so i wont burn out.