Starting Insanity

Options
Starting Insanity on Saturday. I am reading the food guide and they are suggesting around 2400 calories a day. It mentally seems like too much for me! Anyone out there completed this program or something similar and can give me some pointers? Any one out there want to workout with me?? :)

Replies

• nyami
    nyami Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was looking at starting this myself, I've heard it is worth it!
  • suzesque70
    suzesque70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently starting Week 4 of my second round of Insanity. I would strongly recommend sticking close to the calorie intake recommendations in the guide. I completed my first round of Insanity last year, and I recently discovered (with the help of my Fitbit and a HRM) that I wasn't eating nearly enough at the time. My results, consequently, were not what I wanted them to be (I lost maybe 3 lbs and 12 inches altogether). This time around, I'm eating more, and I'm seeing results faster.

You will also find that, during the second month, you will need the extra calories for the workouts (they're tougher than the the first month's workouts, but they're not impossible).

Good luck! The program is tough, but it is totally worth it! :)
  • TheLizBerry
    TheLizBerry Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am taking my fittest today and going shopping! Here's to eating more clean food!!
  • runmickey75
    runmickey75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of insanity and I am not eating the level of calories I should and I believe that is why the scale is not budging. I have noticed more definition and inches gone, but I am nervous about taking my calories up that high. Good luck in your journey -- it is totally addicting!