free large pizza fail

Options
my fiance and i got a free large pizza coupon in the mail and i had 3 slices. i feel like a failure like do i even want this? what is my problem? i want to cry besides the fact i just got off a liquid only diet and straight to 3 pieces of pizza. so i feel sick

Replies

• psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    What? A liquid only diet? I would eat more pizza if I were you.

3 slices is no big deal, for serious.

Feeling like a failure is not going to help you achieve your goals. We all eat food. We all go over sometimes. You need to learn to be ok with it.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Dont feel like a failure It happens. I have eaten more than 3 slices at one time. It happens and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you get back on track right away. You did not fail you only fail if you give up and quit.
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Please don't stress, tomorrow is another day really. Keep up the good work so far and remember: Strength of character defines us not 3 pieces of that god dammed pizza! :flowerforyou:
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day. your stomach wasn't meant to live on liquids....
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Oy
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    71 lbs is hardly failure. we all slip up every now and again. life happens. don't sweat it. just start over tomorrow with healthier choices. you've come a long way. don't give up now! you are so close! :)
  • MustangUSN
    MustangUSN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I purposefully do extra exercise EVERY FRIDAY so that I can have EXTRA Pizza. Married to NY/NJ Italian who loves his pizza and I have EVERYTHING he has, just in moderation. I know that I can have 2-3 pieces of Little Caeser's Hot-N-Now Cheese Pizza using up 750 of my calories on a Friday night. Most of the time, I eat 1 or 2 slices and have a salad...and I've STILL lost weight. My friend, a nutritionist, said the problem comes when you don't eat the foods that you will want to eat once you reach your goal weight and need to maintain it. So, I have a 45 calorie hotdog to my husband's 260 calorie hot dog...just making better informed choices. All of the advice is right...don't beat yourself up!
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Three slices of pizza is not a failure. Eating the whole pizza is a failure.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had pizza for lunch today. I planned it, I tracked it, and I fit it into my calories. In fact, I have pizza at least twice a month. It was delicious and I enjoyed every bite of it.

Eating pizza doesn't make you a failure. It's just one food that you ate for one meal on one day. Even if it didn't fit your calories or macros, it would still only be one day. One day isn't going to make or break your eating.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    my fiance and i got a free large pizza coupon in the mail and i had 3 slices. i feel like a failure like do i even want this? what is my problem? i want to cry besides the fact i just got off a liquid only diet and straight to 3 pieces of pizza. so i feel sick

if you only ate 3 slices, then i would call that a failure. 2 people, 1 pizza? you should each get half. fight your fiance for another piece next time.

:bigsmile:

all kidding aside, an all liquid diet is a gimmick. of course you are going to want to binge coming off that (although 3 pieces of pizza is not a binge and is likely fewer calories than you think). stay away from gimmicks. follow IIFYM and allow yourself to enjoy real food and occasional slice of pizza with ZERO GUILT.
  • greyoutside
    Options
    A liquid only diet? Do yourself a favor and go ahead and eat the whole pizza. Liquid only diets are another famous weight loss / "detox" myth.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I don't think the pizza is your problem. It is the fact you are doing something that I would consider TORTURE by not eating and "juicing". EAT. If humans were suppose to "juice" we wouldn't have freakin teeth and have evolved some sort of trunk to suck up liquids with. FFS....get off the liquid diets....x_x
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    yeaaaaaaaah..... liquid diet.....

just no.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I remember your post about the liquid diet for health reasons and your worry of gaining the weight you lost from it back. It's okaaaaay. It was three slices of pizza. Just go back to your normal routine tomorrow, no biggie. You should really nip your guilty feelings toward food in the butt fast or days like these will drive you crazier and crazier in the future. Just treat it like a free day where you treated yourself something extra yummy after having to be on that liquid diet - eating pizza every now and then isn't going to hurt you as long as you stick working on your goals the majority of the time. I eat stuff like pizza, hamburgers, and french fries every so often and although I understand what it's like to have those guilty thoughts, I have come to realize that it doesn't ruin any progress I have made so long as I don't eat those types of foods in excess. Just space stuff like pizza out, fit IT into your daily calories if you can, and enjoy it when you allow yourself to eat those foods. Some days you might go over and that is OKAY.
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Please don't do "diets" :/ Especially a liquid-only one! You need to make permanent changes to get permanent change. A temporary "diet" will do you more harm than good, mentally and physically. Three slices might have been a lot, but don't dwell on it. As long as it fits in your day (even if it doesn't) everything will be fine :) I know how you feel; you're definitely not alone! Please just stop the "diet" nonsense and eat sensibly! If you eat in moderation, even having something like pizza every once in a while is FINE! :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    two words....cheat day. Its ok to have one, heck you might even see a better weight loss at your weigh in because you are "zig sagging" calories. You are making a life change, not on a diet hopefully, and in life there will be pizza....and guess what? in a couple months you could have another 3 slices and be just ok as well.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I ate a WHOLE gluten-free pizza at Godfather's today, for more than 800 calories. I still came in on target for calories for the day, too. You can do that, as well! Just set a reasonable, healthy calorie goal and allow yourself to eat what you like that allows you to get your nutrients over all.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i thought this post was going to be about how you ate a whole large pizza yourself....

and then you go on to say you had THREE pieces?!?!?! :noway:

jeez.

calm down, and gain some perspective. take a deep breath. All your work isn't going to unravel just because you had 3 pieces of pizza!! if you said you'd had a entire large pizza to yourself, that still wouldn't do that (unless you had a large pizza to yourself every week, then that would be different)....

BREATHE. your world is not ending!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yea, I eat 3 slices of pizze every Sunday.

Also, you starved your body on your liquid only diet. You are lucky you didn't eat more.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I checked your diary, you're almost 800 calories under your goal for the day. Do you know what that means? It means you can have 2 more slices of pizza, and still be on track. Fer serious.