Late 30s Dad - Needs some new MFP Friends!

Options
OH.... MyFitnessPal. I've restarted with you so many times. Each time I say "THIS TIME IT IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT!!!" And here I am a couple pounds above where I started. I always seem to jump back on after Easter (chocolate! jelly beans!)

I am at 216 now. 250 was my all time high when I was about 28. 188 was the lowest I've been in years. I'd be so happy to get there again! Actually, I'd be really happy just to drop below 200.

So...hello all, again. I'm looking for supportive friends to remind me to stay in the zone! Last time around I had a few MFP pals, most have quit or went idle

Replies

• grunggy
    grunggy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    We all could use some support. :)
    I have been at this for around 5 months now.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hi do you feel like you have reached a midlife crisis yet? I am doing a study to see when/if dads reach their crisis
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Struggling dad making a change as well
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm here every day (day 637 today) and always comment! You'll crack it this time. Oh, and welcome back!
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I log consistently, only been on here since start of this year but I have made good progress and I am supportive.
    I prefer friends that actually eat though!
    Jane
  • harry_170
    harry_170 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi do you feel like you have reached a midlife crisis yet? I am doing a study to see when/if dads reach their crisis

Not yet. I'm too busy to have a crisis!
  • harry_170
    harry_170 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HA! Late 30s. Who am I trying to kid. 39 is "basically 40"
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Im 31 man and a father myself. And I look pretty good. Takes us a lil longer then when we were younger but I look better then most people in their early 20's. No replacement for discipline and hard work. Keep at it.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'll be your pal! I'm almost 30 ha.
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I'm a 'late 30's' (read: 40) mom. Here everyday, do brick workouts, so would love to help inspire you.
  • perkins1179
    perkins1179 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been inconsistent in the past but am really trying to log every day now. I could use some MFP friends as well!
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear someone else call 39 'late 30's.' Feel free to add me, and good luck. This site has helped me stay focused even though I am a super busy Mom.
  • Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and kicking it into gear, Dad of 3 and I've started running to see if I can catch back some time, I'm not sure where it goes each day ! Add me up ! Cheer's
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey.....I hardly have any pals on here that are dudes! Been on since 3/11 after 2nd kid was born. Lost 60lbs but gained a few.....Halloween-Easter sucks me in! Mid 30's SAHM in this for the long haul. And I too, want to be under 200lbs! Ughhhh!
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My 39th birthday is fast approaching. Anyone of you "late '30's" can add me. I eat real food and move heavy things (like my overweight body, for instance!)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can add me if you'd like too. Anyone can add me :)
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal and need friends to help encourage me. I have already lost 20 of the 85 lbs , but still have a ways to go.I am 32 years old and have struggled with my weight my whole life. Not only do I want to get in better shape, I also have a daughter that is 10 years old and want to set a good example for her.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm searching for that mystical 199/under as well
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    I will be celebrating my 3rd anniversary of turning 39 soon :laugh: Add me if you like I am on here everyday and try to comment on all of my pals posts...
  • pghsmiles
    pghsmiles Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have vowed to be on here daily so maybe we can motivate each other

Jen