Gluten and Dairy Free Snacks!

Options
Hi all!

I rely HEAVILY on greek yogurt and string cheese for protein throughout the day. However, my IBS is getting severe and my doctor really wants me to cut out gluten and dairy.

Recommendations for gluten free/dairy free snacks and recipes, please? :) Thank you!

Replies

• baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, I've been gluten free for 2 years, and newly dairy free because I have developed a bad reaction to it. I am also looking for ideas but some I can think of would be Banana with PB, or Apple with PB, boiled eggs, celery sticks/carrot sticks with pb or hummus. Maybe homemade granola bars? That's all I can think of right now lol.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    meat sticks, jerky, boiled eggs, nuts, kipper snacks, sardines...
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    All I could think of was apple/banana and nut butter and veggies and hummus, too :).

Maybe check out some Paleo groups/websites for some ideas? If my understanding is correct (I don't follow it but I've read a bit about it) that eating style really comes down to eliminating most grains and dairy products, which is indirectly what you're looking for. Good luck and I hope it helps!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Glutino makes some very yummy pretzel sticks. You can actually find a lot of gf/cf snack foods at natural and whole food markets like sprouts or trader joes
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    ChocolateCoveredKate.com has some gluten and dairy free stuff... and not JUST desserts, either :)) Bob"s Red Mill has recipes and ingredient substitutions that might be helpful too. I'm new to the gluten-free thing... but these have been helpful for me so far. I have found almond milk to be very tastey... if nuts are okay for you. Might try google searching some recipes. There is a lot available these days on the subject. HTH :)
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Healthy brownies...
    Dole - Pitted Dates, 1 container (240 gs ea.) Soaked for and hour then blended up in a mixer
    365 - Vanilla Extract, Organic, 3 tsp
    Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tbsp
    Hershey's - Hershey's Cocoa Natural Unsweetened Powder, 3 tbls
    S & W - Premium Organic Black Beans - Canned, 1 container (1 4/5 cup (130g) ea.)
    Generic - Walnuts, Raw 28 g,
    Enjoy Life - Semi Sweet Mini Chips. (Dairy, Nut & Soy Free), 45 g (4 Tbsp)
    Baking soda 1 tsp
    Pinch of Sea salt
    1 ½ large eggs
    1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil (i used coconut oil)
    Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes

Best healthy brownies ever!!!
  • sidkrose
    sidkrose Posts: 35
    Options
    I like chocolate soy milk or homemade honey roasted almonds for high protein snacks
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    check out these websites ... They have a lot of good GF/DF snacks.

Paleomg.com
    Civilizedcookingcreations.com

Aside from that .. nuts, boiled eggs, jerky, fruits with almond butter/peanut butter, veggies & hummus, GF crackers with hummus, rice cakes ( a lot of people top those with nut butter, hummus, etc.), and if you go to whole foods or a similar store you can usually find a lot of premade snacks that are gluten free. If you're trying to avoid lots of processed/artificial stuff, just be careful because sometimes gluten free products are loaded with garbage. But even so, if its in moderation, its no big deal.

Hope this helps some. =)
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    I am mostly dairy free and there are some remarkable substitutions out there. There is a great soy yogurt. And a cream cheese made of tofu... it is called tofutti. Granted, if you are comparing, you will notice the difference between these and the real thing, but if you are able to "forget" what the other stuff tastes like, these are a great sub. I also use an unsweetened soy yogurt to make dressings, sour cream enchiladas, and other delish dishes. The possibilities are endless.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am mostly dairy free and there are some remarkable substitutions out there. There is a great soy yogurt. And a cream cheese made of tofu... it is called tofutti. Granted, if you are comparing, you will notice the difference between these and the real thing, but if you are able to "forget" what the other stuff tastes like, these are a great sub. I also use an unsweetened soy yogurt to make dressings, sour cream enchiladas, and other delish dishes. The possibilities are endless.

Ooh! I have been trying to figure out how to do my sour cream enchiladas. That is such a great idea. Do you have a recipe?
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am GF

fruit /veg/ nuts

I sometimes make cookie with ground almonds