1 year ago to today - Bikini body - with pic

Options
sophia_uk
sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
Hi all,

This is my first success post, so I hope it works. The picture on the right was taken in April 2012 in Vietnam and I weighed 162lb. What a difference a year makes! The photo on the left was taken last week (April 2013) in the Philippines, and my current weight is 126lb (a loss of 36lb).

I am not completely happy with my bikini body yet, I need to lose a few more pounds (more than I originally thought), and also TONE UP! But I thought I would compare last year's picture to this years to see if I could actually see a difference and to keep myself motivated. It has helped me feel better about being 1lb away from what I thought was my goal weight (which I now realise isn't).

Thanks for taking the time to read, and keep motivated everyone. :)

05d57ed6-ff32-4d4c-a946-0e96f3468dcf_zpsc0214a6a.jpg

Replies

• hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you look incredible! You should be VERY happy with yourself and how far you've come in just a year :D
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wahoo Sophia, you have done great :drinker:
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's amazing well done ! Thank you for the inspiration I could really use it im struggling at the moment been at the same weight for so long and cant get past the -20lbs :/
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Great success story, you've done really well! :)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Great progress in a year well done.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Looking a lot better. Keep up the great work!
  • oneilltara60
    oneilltara60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing well done! Was your loss just down to calorie counting on here or did you follow a specific diet!?
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
    You look like your well within the healthy weight range. Rather than loose more weight I would suggest a heavy weights programme to build muscle (not bulk,) and reduce bodyfat. Your weight would essentially stay the same but with more muscle definition. I can recommend a book called 'The New rules of Weight Lifting for Women.' Sounds hard core, but it's not :-)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your body looks great now, I'd suggest you work on toning/small muscle definition instead of losing anymore as your general frame looks perfect for your height :)
  • Sobeeit
    Sobeeit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great work :smile:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This is my first success post, so I hope it works. The picture on the right was taken in April 2012 in Vietnam and I weighed 162lb. What a difference a year makes! The photo on the left was taken last week (April 2013) in the Philippines, and my current weight is 126lb (a loss of 36lb).

I am not completely happy with my bikini body yet, I need to lose a few more pounds (more than I originally thought), and also TONE UP! But I thought I would compare last year's picture to this years to see if I could actually see a difference and to keep myself motivated. It has helped me feel better about being 1lb away from what I thought was my goal weight (which I now realise isn't).

Thanks for taking the time to read, and keep motivated everyone. :)

05d57ed6-ff32-4d4c-a946-0e96f3468dcf_zpsc0214a6a.jpg

You look amazing well done! X
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    You look awesome, congrats!! Quite the world traveler, congrats on seeing the world :tongue:
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    Bravo :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! :D I think you look great how you are now without losing more or toning up. Best of luck with whatever goals you have in the future!
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Be proud of your hard work. You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story and pics.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and made remarkable progress in a year. I agree with the other posts that at this point you probably need to primarily focus on muscle tone. Congratulations!!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    great progess. Think you look fabulous!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Great job! How tall are you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!