My trick for hunger pains....

Options
I try to eat smaller meals every 3 to 4 hours, but sometimes I get hungry an hour or so after eating. Here's a motivational trick that has worked for me - I "translate" my hunger pains into English. What my body is saying is this: "Hey you, I really would like to keep all this fat stored in case there is a famine or something, so I'm warning you right now, give me some food or else I'll burn this stored fat that I've been saving." I say - "Go right ahead - see if I care!"

My body thinks it's doing me a favor storing that fat in a savings account for a rainy day.

Disclaimer: This is NOT for starving yourself, but only when you've eaten a good meal and are still hungry. I've found that undereating eventually leads to overeating (for me).

Replies

• toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    Yeah, I usually translate it into my stomach saying "hey fat guy, give me some more food". And seeing as my stomach didn't ask nicely, and was actually rather rude, I say no and make him wait a bit. Usually he shuts up pretty quick. I also get my calories in every day but sometimes my stomach is just loud and obnoxious.
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    My stomach tried to do this last night but instead of eating when I got home at 1030 at night I went to bed woke up got on the scale and lost 3 pounds.
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My trick is I drink a Special K Protein Water Mix. I really like the strawberry kiwi. It also works for the times whenI am craving something sweet. This water fills me up because it has protein and fiber in it.
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh...you guys! :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The best way to respond to hunger pains is figure out WHY you're hungry. Is it because you ate something that was processed and has little fiber and protein? Get in your fiber and protein!! Is it because you're not eating enough? (Are you eatnig all healthy foods but still hungry when meeting your daily goal?) Figure out if your base calories should be higher or start eating your exercise calories if you're not.

Don't just deny your body food... there's a good reason why you're hungry.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I usually translate it into my stomach saying "hey fat guy, give me some more food". And seeing as my stomach didn't ask nicely, and was actually rather rude, I say no and make him wait a bit. Usually he shuts up pretty quick. I also get my calories in every day but sometimes my stomach is just loud and obnoxious.

:laugh:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LadySavage
    LadySavage Posts: 13
    Options
    i had lunch an hour and a half ago and my stomach's being a real brat right now. i'm just ignoring it until it's time to eat dinner- ha! take that!! :devil: