30 Day Squat Challenge

Options
I have been challenged by a friend to try the '30 Day Squat Challenge' which sounds like my idea of hell, but i feel its a good time for a challenge...!
I've always had large thighs and no matter what exercise i've done or how fit I am, they've never really lost any size.
The challenger friend is currently on day 20 and has lost several cm from both things and her stomach, so I feel that 30days can't be too bad?!
If theres anyone up for it too, I would love to have moral support and to see how we all get on?!
I think im going to try and measure on every rest day, and I know that they're only 4 days apart but Im a very impatient peson and I think even a tiny change would be motivation!
Please join, and fingers crossed there'll be some epic results!
:) xxx

http://www.saintsandslimmers.com/community/blog/30-day-squat-challenge/

Replies

• aread1106
    aread1106 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day one: COMPLETE! eep! hurts already!
    Measurements:
    waist - 83cm
    hips - 114cm
    thigh - 66cm
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this with a group of girlfriends and I'm on day 9 which is 100 squats. So far so good :tongue:
  • aread1106
    Options
    Amazing! :) 100 squats sounds terribly daunting at this stage! Can't wait to hear how you get on! x
  • alanasomething
    alanasomething Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too :). But I am doing the combined 30 day squat/sit-up/press-up/plank challenge! It only takes about 10-11 minutes to complete all 4 exercises, I'm on day 6 and it's getting easier. I was dying at 50 squats on day 1, now I'm fine at 50 and dying at 75.. Each day at a time :)
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 and that was 135 squats. My other half has said he's noticed a different, i'm not.so sure.xx
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm actually planning on starting this challenge on the first of the month just because it'll be easier for me to keep track that way. Haha
  • me2plusu2002
    me2plusu2002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in I started today at work and 50 squats felt good. Thanks for putting this out! Let's do this :)
  • aread1106
    Options
    55 done! :) is it rest day yet?! :p
  • Karentrobe
    Karentrobe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    im on 190 today is my rest day i wish i would have measured myself before i started. im just suprised i can do this many. i started the sit up and push up challege today. i got the challege off twohundredsitup.com
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 3 60 down today! :)
  • aread1106
    Options
    Am not sure am brave enough for the push up challenge....seeing as i can currently do the down bit of one press up and thats it!! Just tried in the office and being mocked by everyone! :p Sit ups though sound good! :)
  • awetherell
    awetherell Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too :). But I am doing the combined 30 day squat/sit-up/press-up/plank challenge! It only takes about 10-11 minutes to complete all 4 exercises, I'm on day 6 and it's getting easier. I was dying at 50 squats on day 1, now I'm fine at 50 and dying at 75.. Each day at a time :)

Do you have a link for this? I would be keen - have been doing my own crunches and squats version - both starting at 20 on day one and am now up to 55 today. Oddly enough, my abs are fine but my thighs are stiff - it's normally the other way around! I hope you are all doing well!
  • bubblewrap91
    bubblewrap91 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start this tomorrow! :) I've been wondering though do you have to do all of the squats at the same time or can they be broken down and done throughout the day?
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    bumping to read more about it later
  • aread1106
    Options
    Day one there is no way i could have got through them all so I did 30, then tiny break then 20 more....yesterday was able to get to 40 in the first batch so its definitely easier... I just found i needed to have a little stretch between batches and it was bearable to get through, I dont know if you're 'supposed to' :s
  • crystald911
    crystald911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Will start tomorrow! Yay! I love a good challenge!!
  • Bumblebee3441
    Bumblebee3441 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What are the details of this challenge?
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I had not heard about this yet. Thanks for posting! I just finished jogging,but I think I will start this today! I know if I say tomorrow, I will either forget, or just keep putting it off.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What are the details of this challenge?

http://www.saintsandslimmers.com/community/blog/30-day-squat-challenge/ I think you follow the calendar.
  • cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So are you doing all say 100 in one shot or breaking it up?
    I think I'll try it.