free large pizza fail

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I believe that eating is not a day to day thing, as in, "I've blown it for the day, I'm a failure..."

It's a meal to meal thing. Don't beat yourself up over one meal. Make better choices next meal.

You were probably starving and craving. It's ok. You've got this!

Jan
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I checked your diary, you're almost 800 calories under your goal for the day. Do you know what that means? It means you can have 2 more slices of pizza, and still be on track. Fer serious.

That's awesome news
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    What? A liquid only diet? I would eat more pizza if I were you.

3 slices is no big deal, for serious.

This. And also, now you know why liquid diets and other gimmicks don't work. Log your food, fit in some splurges here and there. You have to have a plan you can stick with forever.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I checked your diary, you're almost 800 calories under your goal for the day. Do you know what that means? It means you can have 2 more slices of pizza, and still be on track. Fer serious.
    \

I wish I could only eat three pieces....I try to eat three and sit there and stare at the box of how many sad little pieces are left out of my belly and gobble them down
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Three slices of pizza is not a failure. Eating the whole pizza is a failure.

NOPE. Even eating the WHOLE pizza is not a failure, if it's not very common and you meet your calorie goals otherwise.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza last Sunday. It was freaking delicious. So was the Snickers Ice Cream I followed it up with. I'd feel guilty if I denied myself yummy things and focussed more on being slim than happy. I can have both!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I get free pizza all the time.

Yesterday, I ordered one and ate half of it. So good.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    To make you feel better, I can and will eat at least 5 slices of pizza, from a large supreme even stuffed crust.. i could also fit in some egg rolls or wings if I wanted. lol. I will EAT ALL THE PIZZAAAAA.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I ate three pieces of pizza last night. And had a beer. It was delicious. And it fit in my goals for the day. Win win!

Pizza is not a fail - pizza is part of life. Log it, enjoy it when you have it, just don't eat it every night! :tongue:

Honestly, I'd be more upset about the liquid diet - unless it was for medical reasons, "diets" like that could cause you more problems than three slices of pizza ever could.

Eat real food (and in the proper amounts!), track your cals, exercise, get good rest.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Don't "diet" and you won't binge.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Believe me when I say that I'm totally not trying to criticize you, but perhaps you would have been less likely to binge on pizza if you haven't deprived yourself of real food for the last three days. Liquid diets are for when you are sick. Not for weight loss.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That's not so bad. If you ate the entire pizza, that would be one thing. But you had three pieces. Each piece is about 300ish calories each. Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens. Just start fresh tomorrow.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    my fiance and i got a free large pizza coupon in the mail and i had 3 slices. i feel like a failure like do i even want this? what is my problem? i want to cry besides the fact i just got off a liquid only diet and straight to 3 pieces of pizza. so i feel sick

You've probably heard this but it bears repeating: "Under-eating always results in over-eating." Everyone binges after something like that. Your body's survival instinct is stronger than your self-control.

A liquid diet is something that no one has any business being on unless your jaw is wired shut. Real, healthy, sustainable weight loss is SLOW and the result of LIFESTYLE CHANGES and includes plenty of calories and real food.

If you get impatient and try to hurry weight loss faster than its normal or healthy for your body, you will only get to your next plateau or your next binge faster.

What is your exit strategy here? Lose the weight with a liquid diet, reach your goal, then go back to normal? The "normal" that got you here in the first place? But you will somehow do differently this time? Right now is when you get to learn the day-to-day habits of healthy choices and healthy weight regulation. But as you can see, losing weight in an unsustainable way like a liquid diet has built-in failure. Set yourself up for SUCCESS instead. Incorporate the small, lasting changes into your life that will ensure you never end up here again.

Words I live by: Never do anything to lose weight that you aren't willing to do the rest of your life to maintain it. :flowerforyou:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the vicarious cheese. I haven't had cheese since January, I found out it was giving me problems so... Anyway back in the day I would have eaten 3 slices and called it a nice snack.
  • I failed today too.

I ate two chicken sandwiches from McD, french frie, ice cream, chocolate bar and rice and chicken (homemade) for dinner. Long story short, I binged big time. I am stressed the **** out today so that's my excuse.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    3 slices... You'll be fine...There is nothing wrong with pizza every now and then

Although if I had just come off an all liquid diet this would be me:
    cat-poizza.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'd also feel like a failure if I could only eat 3 slices of pizza. That's only like 900 calories.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    I am going to be blunt because this post concerns me.

Of COURSE you ate 3 slices! When you are constantly undereating and not getting what your body NEEDS, your body is going to rebel. Feed your body correctly on a daily basis and then maybe, just maybe, you will have better self control next time. Stop depriving yourself.

And a liquid diet? Really?

Though seriously... go eat more. You are way under your calories today (and most days).
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I am going to be blunt because this post concerns me.

Of COURSE you ate 3 slices! When you are constantly undereating and not getting what your body NEEDS, your body is going to rebel. Feed your body correctly on a daily basis and then maybe, just maybe, you will have better self control next time. Stop depriving yourself.

And a liquid diet? Really?

Though seriously... go eat more. You are way under your calories today (and most days).

eating 3 slices isnt rebellious, it normal.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    \

I wish I could only eat three pieces....I try to eat three and sit there and stare at the box of how many sad little pieces are left out of my belly and gobble them down

hahahhaha this is exactly what I do! Im like ohhh these poor bits of food will be so sad if they get thrown in the bin and all their friends are in my belly...guessss ill just have to eat them too! (please note: i do not actually think food has feelings, haha)