100+lb weight loss goal

Options
Hi there! I'm Jamie and I have just joined MFP again! I had an account for a while about a year ago but deleted it for personal reasons. Anyway, I'm 18 years old and I weigh 300ish pounds (give or take a few). I'm really just looking for friends who are willing to be supportive or inspiring in any way. I'm in a rut and I have absolutely no idea if I'm even going to lose any weight with this site, but I believe that having a community of people who are encouraging, inspiring, and just all around awesome is sure gonna help! :) So if you are in my position and have no idea how to get started, are going through a journey or have been through it, or even just there and willing to be nice to me then I would really like to be friends with you! I will be as supportive and nice as I can be, and I will definitely interact with you! (Unless you don't want me to. Then... Fine.) It doesn't matter where you're from or what you do, how old you are, how much you weigh, or anything else. If you're a nice, supportive person then I'm ecstatic to be your friend. Anyways, thanks for reading this (sorry! It's kinda long!) and I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

Replies

• MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm willing to be nice to you! haha. Feel free to add me.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie, I am pretty much maintaining and building up muscle these days but I would love to support you along your weight loss. I started out with 65lbs to lose and am almost at 100 now. You can do this!
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie, you have come to the right place. I recently (March) started with this site again and find the people very friendly and supportive. I have a lot to lose as well and would be more than happy to cheer you on. Friend request coming your way. --Kim
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on this site (with a break due to my falling off the wagon). I am significantly older than you but I still have 100+ pounds to go. I started out at 308.. I am down to 234 as of yesterday. My goal is to be around 130 pounds (I will judge depending on how I look). I am only 5 feet 4 inches. I would be glad to befriend you. I (try) to do low carb but honestly I have eased up a bit and dropped 2 pounds this last week. Sometimes cheating makes you drop weight also.

Good luck to you!!!
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie you can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome feel free to add me doll :)
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This site is just one of many tools to help you reach your goal, but just remember what you are doing this for... not for your family, or some boy or girl, not for your friends, you are doing this for you. So when you feel tired remember press on for you. Ever ounce of effort you put into getting healthy and changing your life, is only paying into yourself. So its a huge return on your investment. So dont watch the scale, because healthy isnt a number, its a feeling its a state of being, so just put in the work and keep putting in the work, because even if 100 lbs is your weight loss goal, your going to have to keep working at it to maintain it once you get there, so , just set your mind on changing your life, not finishing a "race". Im sure youll do great, just stay on course, and if you fall out of line once and a while its not the end fo the world, its just a chance to change directions, but you know were you wanna be so go get it.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me!!
  • aprilschadwick
    Options
    You can add me! I started out around March I weighed around 295. As of this morning I was down to 284. I still have a long, long way to go! This website has been a great tool in helping me lose weight. We can work on busting this fat together!
  • dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open!
  • lulusmama16
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new too and have about 125 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • kingsinthebackrow
    Options
    Thanks,everyone! I appreciate it!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have 22(ish)lbs left after losing 117lbs. Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:.
  • DivetePurple
    DivetePurple Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jamie. How you doing? My name's Diva, I'm from Brazil and, as you can see on my ticker, I have to lose about 88 lbs for starters!
    I mean, I've been dieting since I was 15, gained and lost tons of weight and kept myself in denial.
    Now, I've reached my 30's and I realize how much time I wasted with parties, gorging on food and drinks, specially cocktails (ahahah) and lying to myself about my looks. I was portraying this larger than life (no puns intended) character, but the real Diva was lost.
    So, I tell you that you are in the right direction and you're doing what is best for you, which is not only losing weight and feel beautiful, but it involves taking care of your health, as well.
    Besides, you have to take small steps and be cool. Whenever you think about giving it all up and use food as comfort, remember: YOU'VE GOT TO BE FABULOUS! So, spit that Coke out and toss that Godless BigMac in the garbage!!!!!
    Count on me, honey!
    Divinekisses ;)
  • kingsinthebackrow
    Options
    Thank you so much! Sending a request your way!
  • availles
    availles Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Jamie,
    welcome back to MFP. Just wanted to offer you some encouragement. Don't despair if you don't reach your goals, we can't always attain them, not every time anyways. Maybe an activity tracker would suit you. I totally recommend them as a way of reaching goals, small steps at a time. The one I use is fun and easy to use and I have lost weight gradually but consistantly over a period of time. I am fitter than I have ever been and my health is so much better. Check out fitbugorb, it explains better than I can.
    With you all the way girl!