T.O.M. symptoms after deadlifting

Options
I increased my weights from 40 lbs to 60 lbs on my deadlifts. I was doing 4 sets of 5 then I increased to 4 sets of 8. I dont have a weight bar for my weights I have individual hand bars to add weights to. I check my form and was doing fine until I increased reps from 4 to 8. I heavy spotted and had slight cramping 2 times since the increase in weight directly after lifting. I dont know if anyone has had this happen. But I think I might have strained myself. I have 2 10 lb weights and 2 5lb weights on both bars and I dont have any other weight in the house to use since this is all my husband had. So increasing in only 5 lb increments wasnt really a option. Knowing that my answer is within my question(drop weights or reps) I would like to hear any input..Thanks

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    seems weird to be related to the lifting honestly.

I've seen some people do a lot of straining and not have trouble with that. Might want to consult a doctor?
  • reeves61612
    Options
    I normally dont have problems in that dept.(clockwork) So that was the only thing I could link it to. But I am gonna schedule a appt. this week just to be safe. Thank you for your reply
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    yes i agree doesn't seem to be related.
  • Anishalee
    Anishalee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I've started with weight training and would like some tips and a friend to answer dumb questions I have, please add me if your interested in a "support group thingy"

Anish
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I normally dont have problems in that dept.(clockwork) So that was the only thing I could link it to. But I am gonna schedule a appt. this week just to be safe. Thank you for your reply

best wishes. I hope you get it figured out.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it just seems highly unlikely.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise can definitely affect hormones and menstrual cycles. I've never had an experience related to lifting weights, or even straining under heavy weights like the OP mentions, but I have had strange disruptions occur to my cycle that were related to dietary changes I made.