Fat People Pains...

Options
Ok. So since I've recommitted to working out, my heals/ankles/feet have been killing me! This doesn't seem like your run-of-the-mill sore/tired feet, this is PAIN... So I've limited time on the treadmill and only focus on elliptical and bike- same pain. Is this a normal fat girl symptom and will go away with the pounds, or should I get it checked out??

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, hard to say. If it seems worse than ordinary aches and pains from exercising, and it doesn't seem to be getting better, then I would probably go to the doctor. I only say that because I was only a bit older than you when I started having bad pain in my feet and ankles and it turned out to be Rheumatoid Arthritis when I finally went to see the doctor. I would say take it easy for a bit...and if no improvement...then make an appointment.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Have you got decent shoes that have been fitted properly? They can make a massive difference!!
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I first started, too much pressure on my lower half :( I had to tone it down a lot and wait for the pain to go away and start again at a lower pace. I know your eager to get movin but us big girls can't just go hard core right away (In my opinion anyways) we have to take it slower and work our way into more intense things. If its something that you think is really serious then go to your dr :) I ended up having a stress fracture in my right foot because I got too intense too fast. Sometimes just getting more support in your shoes helps with other things though. Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    try swimming, its gentle on the joints!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I too feel you should probably get it checked out. It could also be a result of spurs. Be safe and have it checked out. Great job on your journey.
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    Make sure you have good shoes. Go to a running store (not sports store....one specifically for running) because they will fit you properly. The good ones will let you bring back shoes that end up not working for another pair. This may alleviate some of it. I had pains, and ignored them. I ended up with stress fractures because I had bad shoes.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    All depends - if it continues, say another week or two, or if it gets stronger, then yes. Go get it checked out.

Otherwise depending on amount & intensity of what your doing, it could be your body complaining at you.

But.... if it doesn't go away, do get it looked at. For now, drink that water, after your workouts take some iburpheon, if need to ice/heat the sore areas or use something K2Tape (it really does help).

Hopefully they will stop soon.... :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Sadly yes, when we're overweight we put considerably more pressure on the joints and tendons of our feet. Get decent shoes, but also consider gel insoles - I have Sorbothane ones I bought from Amazon for my plantar fasciitis.
  • JasmineRose14
    JasmineRose14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have Brooks (I bought them during a fitness craze last Summer- it was shortly lived) I am thinking gel inserts will make the difference!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have Brooks (I bought them during a fitness craze last Summer- it was shortly lived) I am thinking gel inserts will make the difference!!
    Exactly the same combo as me! :flowerforyou:
  • donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It could be your footwear YOu should find a specialty sneaker store and have them analyze your feet to tell you what type you need there are sooo many brands and such for instance if you are doing a lot of lateral movements running sneakers may tear your tendons (true story it happened to me) ..good luck