Breakfast Ideas..

Options
ErinGiam
ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
So I've been "trying" to eat a bigger breakfast in the morning but I usually have trouble because I don't want to overload on carbs
( cereal, bread, etc) Does anyone have any good and easy breakfast ideas for me?? All help is appreciated :happy:

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I like the Activia Light Vanilla Yogurt and I will typically put either some strawberries and kashi cereal squares on top, or top it with walnuts, which is about 200 calories.
  • fitnessfoodtravel
    fitnessfoodtravel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    While it takes some getting used to, this is my combination for a healthy breakfast:

- 3 egg whites, plain

- 1/3 or 1/2 cup of oatmeal (1/2 cup on a workout day), with 1/4 cup of fruit (or 1 tbsp of dried fruit), 1/2 teaspoon of spirulina, 1 teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, 1/2 cup of milk, and occasionally I will add 1/2 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa, sugar, or cocoa nibs.

This keeps me full for a while and the carbs are digested easily by the body. Not to mention; it is low in sugar!
  • tmcclure01
    Options
    I have been drinking a protein shake in the morning, Aria chocolate flavored.
    You could also try a couple of boiled eggs and some fruit.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a whole wheat wrap (the 80 calorie ones) A thin layer of natural peanutbutter and a banana all wrapped up together. It tastes great and I can eat it on the go.
    Other things we eat
    Cereal (find brands with less than 5g of sugar per serving, with milk and a green apple.
    Weight watchers bread (cut super thin, 2 slices are 200 calories) with natural peanutbutter and 3 egg whites.
  • swopeswick
    swopeswick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the Thomas' whole wheat bagel thins... they are really thin bagels that have around 110 calories and 24g of carbs. I fry 3 eggs hard (using non-fat cooking spray) and remove the yolk and eat them right on the bagel thin as a sandwich with salt and pepper.... it is really tasty! Oh, and I also spray a few squirts of the non-fat butter spray to moisten the bagel thin a bit.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I usually have the following

1 wasa multi-grain crisp bread
    1 laughing cow cheese wedge
    1 serving All whites (liquid egg whites)
    1 tbsp Hunt's fire roasted tomatoes with garlic

It keeps me full/satisfied for about 4 hours. The cal count is under 250
  • cpendergrass
    cpendergrass Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like having a bigger breakfast too. I have 2 that I really like--they are both super easy:

Apple Brown Betty: Take any apple, core, slice and put in the microwave for 3 minutes. Top with 1 Tbsp. of goden raisins, 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, & 1 Tbsp. chopped almonds. Eat/top with 8 oz. lowfat vanilla yogurt. It tallies up to right about 360 calories, and is very filling

Fruit & Yogurt smoothie: 1 C any fruit (I like to mix mine up), 1 C plain lowfat/fat free yogurt. 1 Tbsp. honey, and about 4 ice cubes. Mix in a blender until smooth. You can also add a little bit of milk if you don't like it as creamy. Usually this is about 225-250 calories.
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    all i usually have is a carnation instant breakfast made with fat free milk only 220 calories. A couple of hours later I will eat a packet of instant oatmeal only 130 calories
  • tlowder
    tlowder Posts: 21
    Options
    This does the trick for me. I add in a Morningstar breakfast patty, a pinch of shredded cheese and diced vegetables for a breakfast that fills me up. The egg-whites and patties can be purchased at Costco for a lot less than regular grocery stores too!
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1784
  • hadababyitsagirl
    Options
    1/2 cup Breakstone's 2%milkfat cottage cheese....super way to start the day with protein!!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like the precooked banquet turkey sausages...I have 3 of them, a cup of stawberries and a whole wheat toast with Bummel & brown.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    bump
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I found a really yummy instant oatmeal called OatFit. I makes about a cup and is only 100calories. I have this for breakfast and sometimes as a snack because it is so filling and low in cal. And they come in many flavors.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    almost every morning I have 3 egg whites scrambled in the microwave with 2 strips of low sodium turkey bacon and then either a bowl of cereal with 1% milk or .5 cup oatmeal made with 1 cup 1% milk and a lil fruit thrown in. (most of the time...blueberries) Very yummy and def filling. Great way to start the day off!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I eat two whole eggs and one egg white with a piece of whole wheat toast most mornings. Then about 3 hours later have a packet on instant plain oatmeal with Splenda and cinnamon for around 100 calories.