Crazy Canucks - July 21

Options
TashaS
TashaS Posts: 199 Member
Morning Canucks!!

I have a weight loss of 2.4lbs this week!! :noway: Not really sure if I'll be able to maintain that into next week - I'd say the loss is due in most part to my cold. Here's hoping though! :drinker:

Hope everyone else had a good week.

Jay.... you leave for CABO TOMORROW!!! :love:

Replies

• Krystled
    Krystled Posts: 58
    Options
    Good morning Canucks!

Keep up the good work Tasha! I am unchanged this week. I am ok with that b/c I slipped away from my calorie counting for a couple of days. Just really glad I didn't gain.
    Hope everyone has a good week...now I have to start looking for something health at Taste of Saskatchewan!!!

Have fun in Cabo Jay :glasses:
  • amacd999
    amacd999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can any canuck take part here? LOL. I am in NB. I just joined this site last week so I am still getting to know my way around. Just happened to find this thread and it seemed right up my alley. I weigh in on Tuesdays at least for now so I just weighed in yesterday and was down 2 this week for a total of 29 since November. Slow but steady. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Alannah
  • TashaS
    Options
    Can any canuck take part here? LOL. I am in NB. I just joined this site last week so I am still getting to know my way around. Just happened to find this thread and it seemed right up my alley. I weigh in on Tuesdays at least for now so I just weighed in yesterday and was down 2 this week for a total of 29 since November. Slow but steady. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Alannah

Welcome Alannah! Any and all canuck's can take part with us... we're a small group but growing - we weigh in every Wednesday. Congratulations on your weight-loss so far - and you're right slow and steady wins the race! :bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Hey guys!! :bigsmile:
    I am wicked excited!!!! Not only am I going to Cabo in less than 24 hours(as everyone pretty much knows:laugh: ), but I lost 2 POUNDS !! (insert happy dance):bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    AND . . . get this . . . I can ACTUALLY start to see my oblique muscles coming in!!!! I noticed it last night. I am on top of the world today. Such a great feeling!! everything has been totally worth it.
    I am hoping I can keep this up when I'm in Cabo. Such great tacos at Gordo Lele's, I think Javier may think something is wrong with me when I only have one. :laugh: But I know for breakfasts we will go buy fruit and cereal for the room to have. no goin out for breakfast. and seeing that its soooo hot and humid there right now:glasses: ,I will be sweatin like crazy. lots of water!!!:drinker: I'm so excited!! yippy!!!

Everyone did so well this week!! congrats on everyones losses and for maintaining. :flowerforyou: You missed some mean chicken last night Tasha. man it was soooo good. Me and Krystle had a very good workout. It felt great! We will have to make that chicken again . . . soon. Hope you and Abigail start feelin better soon!

Anyway, I'll be gone for two weeks now, one to cabo and another to camping. So i wish everyone luck and keep the workouts up and logging in your food. IT'S ALL WORTH IT!!!!

Welcome Alannah!! Great to have you here!!:flowerforyou:

Go Canada Go!:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I just checked the weather in Cabo, yes I'm really excited . . . its 95 degrees F, which is 35 degrees C. OMG!!!!:glasses: :noway:
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am from NS and have been on MFP for about 5 weeks now. I would love to join your group as well.
  • Krystled
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am from NS and have been on MFP for about 5 weeks now. I would love to join your group as well.

You sure can! Like Tasha let Alannha know we check in on Wednesday's and any Canuck is welcome.

Krystle
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I haven't posted for a while. I lost 2.6 this week :smile: continuing my losing streak. Still have a long way to go though.

I have never been to Taste of Saskatchewan. Kind of a shame since I work so close to the river. Just get into the habit of bringing lunch everyday and rarely venture out I guess...except for the occasional walk when it isn't raining of course (which hasn't been very often these days.
  • amacd999
    amacd999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Izzys_mom - we are neighbors basically. I am in NB. Close enough for me!

I had an ok day today. Work was extremely slow so the afternoon just dragged by. I literally get to look all day at a box of chocolate bars we sell for charity in the office to customers. Luckily I don't have a bug sweet tooth or I'd have those suckers gone long before the 6 weeks were up when they come to replanish them LOL. I also get to look at Timmies all day long too. Now that is difficult. Way too tempting. I usually get a black earl grey tea but my favorite is by far the french vanilla cappucino. but I only allow myself 1 a week, usually on the weekend when I can actually enjoy it.

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • TerraEarth
    TerraEarth Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I am down 3lbs this week!
    Amacd999- I love the french vanilla cappicuccino too and limit myself to one a week that I make at home. I water it down quite a bit, and it is still great! I put a bit of the powder in an iced coffee this past week too. Yum. :drinker:
    Corrie 62 congrats on your 2.6lbs!
    Jay_83- congrats on your 2lbs this week that is great! I am so jealous of your Cabo trip! Enjoy yourself, sounds like the weather is going to be awesome. :glasses:
    And TashaS- 2.4lbs! Whoooo Hooooo!
    Welcome to amacd99 and lzzys_mom!
    Wow we had some big numbers this week!
    Have a great week ladies!
  • TerraEarth
    TerraEarth Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey- Krystled, I missed you in my last post, only because I didn't want to forget to ask you what is Taste of Saskatchewan? And then I jumped the gun and hit post reply anyway :ohwell: Good luck there, anything that starts with "taste of" would be a tough thing for me! Have a great week!
  • Krystled
    Options
    Hey- Krystled, I missed you in my last post, only because I didn't want to forget to ask you what is Taste of Saskatchewan? And then I jumped the gun and hit post reply anyway :ohwell: Good luck there, anything that starts with "taste of" would be a tough thing for me! Have a great week!

Taste of Saskatchewan is held in Saskatoon every year where 30 local resturants come together down by the river. You purchase tickets for food and drink. There is also live music, games and much more for everyone to enjoy. I have to say there was alot of good looking stuff but I managed to stay under my calorie goal today, yeah!
  • Izzys_mom
    Options
    I know that weigh in is on Wednesday, but since I have just joined this group I would like to weigh in today. I am now down another 2lbs :happy: from last Friday. I will start weighing myself on Wednesday from now on.
  • TashaS
    Options
    I know that weigh in is on Wednesday, but since I have just joined this group I would like to weigh in today. I am now down another 2lbs :happy: from last Friday. I will start weighing myself on Wednesday from now on.

Great job! I just love seeing that scale go down!! :love:

So on Friday night for the first time EVER I tried Hummus... it was a Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and I thought it was DELICIOUS!!! I think I would've liked it even more if it was warm instead of cold. But it was still quite yummy. Oh and I learned that I do not like Eggplant. Here's to trying new things :drinker:
  • Izzys_mom
    Options
    I was thinking that I might like to try Hummus too. There is a roasted garlic one at Superstore, I might pick some up. Do you dip veggies in it?
  • TashaS
    Options
    You can, absolutely. The one we tried was served with warmed flour tortilla's. I think I'll try it again at home with a low fat/calorie or WW tortilla. I think there's lots of different things you can do with Hummus but I'd never had it before. You'll have to let me know how the roasted garlic one is - I love garlic!!
  • lynzt16
    lynzt16 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello fellow Canucks! I'm Lyndsay from Mississauga, ON

I have lost about 14 lbs in the past 6 months using this site, but now i'm having some motivation trouble to keep going for my last 17 lbs...
    Can any Canuck join? I need some help and motivation and some people to be accountable to to keep my butt in gear.
  • TashaS
    Options
    Hello fellow Canucks! I'm Lyndsay from Mississauga, ON

I have lost about 14 lbs in the past 6 months using this site, but now i'm having some motivation trouble to keep going for my last 17 lbs...
    Can any Canuck join? I need some help and motivation and some people to be accountable to to keep my butt in gear.

Hello Lyndsay!! Absolutely any and all canucks are welcome here!! :bigsmile:

Congratulations on your 14lbs so far - it's a great accomplishment. We typically weigh-in on Wednesday's. There will be a new topic posted in the Motivation and Support forum titled "Crazy Canucks - date"

Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ""***Energy and persistence conquer all things**.......***Ενέργεια και επιμονή κατακτήσει όλα τα πράγματα*** "

from mississauga......moved from florida 6 months ago