question about crunches...

Options
Sorry if this question is answered somewhere... I couldn't find it. I was just wondering why exercises like crunches (I work out on an ab ball everyday) or lifting weights doesn't count towards my calories-burned deficit? I definitely feel like I am burning calories when I do this stuff, but is cardio the only real way to burn the fat?
thanks

Replies

• Jillmartin10
    Jillmartin10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this question is answered somewhere... I couldn't find it. I was just wondering why exercises like crunches (I work out on an ab ball everyday) or lifting weights doesn't count towards my calories-burned deficit? I definitely feel like I am burning calories when I do this stuff, but is cardio the only real way to burn the fat?
    thanks
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    if you are just entering them in the weight training section it doesn't register - I think that's just so you can keep track of your strength training progress. Also enter "strength training" under cardio for your cals :happy: You don't burn as much as with cardio between 60-70% of your max heart rate but you do burn some!! HTH!
  • denae
    denae Posts: 9
    Options
    You have to enter weight training in your cardio. Like if you did 30 mins of weight training then you enter the 30 mins in your cardio section, and yes muscle building will help you loose weight long term and cardio will help you loose fat short term. But both is good.