Starting 30 Day Shred

Options
Today I am starting the 30 day shred for 30 days; I have started it before but gave up not this time. I see people who get great results so I am determined to succeed and results!!!! Here is my starting stats:

Weight: 274.5
Bust: 43
Waist: 51
Thighs: 27
Hips: 49
Arms: 15
Neck: 15

I am hoping to drop a few inches off each area and maybe drop 10 pounds :)

1qfwi8.jpg

Replies

• NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just started the 30 day shred today too :) I'm feeling the ache in my arms just now!!
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    good luck! I have tried it many times and was never able to finish it. Finally I am only 6 days away from being finished.. completed level 3 day 4 this morning!

Don't get discouraged if you gain a few pounds in the first week or if the scale doesn't move... this happened to me! But the inches is what I noticed most, clothes fit much better. And now I am starting to lose the weight again, but maybe because I increased my calories also.
  • Effulgence
    Effulgence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luckkkk! :D

Can I ask what lb weights you guys are starting with? I only have two 5 lb weights and one 10 lb weight so I haven't decided what I wanna do yet. I got it for my birthday and I'm anxious to start it.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm officially going to start this again!!! Maybe this time Ill stick to it!

Weight: 241.4
    Bust: not sure
    Waist: 39.5
    Thighs: 32.5 each
    Hips: 51.25
    Arms: R: 16.25 L: 16.125
    Neck: 15
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I am on day 7 and loving it!

Effulgence, I am using 4 lb weights and it's definitely a workout!
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I've been throwing around the idea to start.

Do you all do it barefoot or in shoes? Last time I tried, I did it barefoot and my legs took a huge beating.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I am also going to do 30 day shred when I finish ripped in 30! :smile:
  • Postiejue
    Options
    Good luck,I am on day 14 and I am determined to finish it,can't see any difference yet but I,m not giving up .I actually can't wait to do it everyday which is a first for me.Will report results day 30.
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Let's do this! :)

Good luck! x
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Do you all do it barefoot or in shoes? Last time I tried, I did it barefoot and my legs took a huge beating.

Definitely wear shoes! I tried it 3 days without and my feet and shins hurt so badly. Have done it 3 more days WITH shoes and feel loads better.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am also doing her killer abs at the same time for added workouts! I do it in my barefeet because I prefer it and I used 5 lb weights; the fist time I tried this I used 10lbs and it hurt too much! :) You guys can do this!!!!!
  • sksgooch
    sksgooch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started L1D1 yesterday, April 28th. 163 pounds 40 inch waist. I plan to weigh in Sat. Morning. I will post results!
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    I did L3-Day3 yesterday and I am really feeling the ache today (also did a 2 mile run after the work out yesterday!).....So I think I will be taking a rest day today or just go for a quick jog after work.....

I haven't done 10 days consecutive since starting, I dont believe it is necessary, but there were a few times I did at least 4 days in a row....

Cant wait to be finished, I am really starting to see my mid-section firm up and get more shape! I hope to post some before and after pictures in a week or so......

Good luck everyone, dont give up - keep at it no matter how many days it takes!
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had great results from the 30DS. I didn't take pictures...but lost inches. I am going to be starting it again once I am done with Ripped in 30!
    Good luck
  • meganfoster12
    Options
    I am doing her 30 day shred in the morning and the killer abs in the evening
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I officially started 30DS today too! I'm starting out with 3lb weights. I'm going to try to do consecutive days, but when I feel I need a recovery day, I'll just do cardio, probably mindless jogging on the rebounder. ;)

Success to us all!
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started today as well. day 1 complete.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I've been throwing around the idea to start.

I did it in shoes. I had contemplated doing it barefoot though.
  • meganfoster12
    Options
    Awesome for everyone that started today; you can do this!!!!
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did my first level 1 workout yesterday eve -really enjoyed it! I like Jillian's attitude of it not having to be perfect, just doing the movements correctly and trying your best and the reassurance that, in time, you'll get better.

A bit achey today but not as bad as I thought; looking forward to doing it again this eve!

One thing I cannot do that is on there (and it's not a case of just thinking I can't, I physically can't) is press ups - they cause a sharp pain up my left arm - always have :S