What to do after 30DS and RI30???

Options
Hey guys! I am currently finishing 30 DS and then I'm moving on to RI30. Anyone have any suggestions for some more multi level dvds? I have insanity but I don't like it because its 30 days of the same thing over and over and over. I like Jillian's videos because it's 7-10 days of one level, and then you move on to level 2, and then 3, etc. I don't want to do the same videos for an entire month even if the second month is a different level. So any suggestions??

Replies

• curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well Jillian has the 6 week 6 pack DVD? There's also slim in 6?
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    once i finishe the 30 ds then i'm going to restart it and do it again so i can get through it without wimping out on anything, like the real push-ups.

i'd like to get to where i can do insanity of p90x... i also want to run a 10 k and get into cycling, maybe a marathon, I consider exercise videos to be a means to an end, to get in shape enough to actually DO soemthing.

maybe that's just me.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just finishing 30ds and starting RI30. Plan to do her Extreme Shed and Shred after that. Am also running 3-5 miles about four days a week. If I stay on track, by the end of the third DVD I should be within a healthy weight range and at that point I'm headed back to the gym to start some type of lifting program in conjunction with the running :-)
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What about Jilian Micheael's Body Revolution? It is a 90 day programme and there are two different wo's which change every two weeks plus a cardio dvd that changes too so you don't really get time to get bored and your body is constantly being challenged as the work outs get increasingly more difficult.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Chalene Extreme! I love it. you do something different everyday.
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! I'm super interested in Body Revolution and Chalean Extreme... but I don't know enough about either to spend the big bucks on them.

I've read that Body Revolution is too easy for those that have done 30 DS and RI 30... has anyone done it after doing these videos?

I'd love to hear more about Chalean Extreme too! It's more weighlifting right? I've looked it up a few times because I've seen some really great before/afters, but haven't gotten a good handle on what it is exactly.
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of RI30. I plan on starting ZCut Cardio next week. 12 different workouts plus an abs workout. Hope that will keep me busy for the next month at least.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution is awesome. Most fun program and you never feel like it's the same thing. I am forcing myself to finish Insanity (2 weeks left) but I don't enjoy it. If you don't want to drop $120 on BR, then get a few Jillian DVD's. I especially like Extreme Shed & Shred, No More Trouble Zones, Killer Abs, and Kickbox Fast Fix.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Also, you'll be going form 20 minutes of 30DS to about 30? for RI30 (I need that DVD!) so I would aim to progressively increase your time working out. Like a couple months at 30 minutes, then a couple months at 45 minutes, working up to 60 minutes.
  • staceypunk
    Options

I've read that Body Revolution is too easy for those that have done 30 DS and RI 30... has anyone done it after doing these videos?

Jillian gives ways to modify each exercise to make it easier or more difficult. Weeks 1 & 2 are pretty easy, but after that you will get an awesome workout I promise! You have to push yourself, if you are not feeling it increase the weights or double time it, make sure you are in good form etc.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and alternating them each day. NMTZ is like a lot of the strength moves in those two DVDs you completed, and BFBM is a lot of the cardio/core moves from them. They are both about 45 minutes long and TOUGH, but both are really fun!
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I did 30 DS before JMBR and the first two wo's were a bit easy so I did the kickstart week and thenskipped doing wo's 1 and 2 the second time round (week 2). I moved straight on to week 3 which was perfectly challenging enough for me at that point. The other thing is that there is the cardio workouts in JMBR and I really needed that. I was so unfit at the start and lost a few kgs immedietely once I started that. Now I am almost at the end of phase 3 and I feel I have really made progress in all departments. I agree with above poster staceypunk that there is no boredom and repetition. The programme challenges you constantly to adapt and progress.
  • christyrivers
    Options
    I would suggest getting No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and alternating them each day. NMTZ is like a lot of the strength moves in those two DVDs you completed, and BFBM is a lot of the cardio/core moves from them. They are both about 45 minutes long and TOUGH, but both are really fun!

Agree with the above poster; NMTZ and BFBM are great to alternate. I'd also recommend Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred and Hard Body workouts. Both have 2 levels so you can up your workout after a while. I've been alternating a 25 minute workout (30DS/RI30) with a 45 minute one like the above options and am seeing some great results.

Good luck with whatever you try!