Do you eat more when you exercise?

fast72
fast72 Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I've been working hard on exercising at least once a day, sometimes 2-3 for the past 3 weeks. It seems like I eat more though, and I haven't lost any weight since I started working out more! I go over my calories every day. Does anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Yup, I don't know if it's because I know I have calories I can eat or if I just worked up an appetite but I do.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I have to, because I will burn off everything I eat and have to keep eating to net around 1200 cals for the day. I never get anywhere near to going over calories after I workout
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Since we can't view your food diary, we don't know what you are eating.

But, it's possible that you are over-estimating your calories burned during exercise. A good way to be more accurate with that is to use a heart rate monitor when you exercise.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    sometimes i exercise just so i can eat more lol
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I'm starving if I exercise and DON'T eat the extra calories. I usually can get away with leaving about 100 if I eat really filling foods throughout the day but typically I eat them all.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member

ME TOO!! LOL
  • vlr59
    vlr59 Posts: 10 Member
    I find that I eat less when I exercise. On the days that I don't, I get hungry in the evening. But on the days that I do, I eat after my exercising, and then I'm much more satisfied. I don't know what I am doing differently than you, but exercising is definitely helping me to eat less. I've lost 24 pounds in just 2 months.
  • pixieE
    pixieE Posts: 30

ME TOO!! LOL

Hahahaha yeah me too :laugh:
  • sometimes i exercise just so i can eat more lol
    :laugh: LOL ME TOO!!! :laugh:
  • I have always heard that if you dont eat enough calories then your body will go into starvation mode and store everything. Watching a biggest loser episode awhile back, I remember Jillian getting onto one of the guys because he wasnt eating enough, and he wasnt losing much weight. I have wondered if that is possibly happening with me, because I try very hard not to eat my extra calories that I earn from working out (I have the mentality of whats the point in working out if I'm just going to use those calories) and have hit a plateau the last few weeks, since beginning to really work out alot more. So I'm thinking about trying to eat those calories and see where it takes me. Anyone else have any suggestions?
  • sometimes i exercise just so i can eat more lol

Hehe me too!!
    Its kinda nice....if I want it I have to work for it and I can't have it until I have the cals earned. Funny thing is, often I don't want what it was I was wanting and I have earned extra cals for nothing so I eat it anyway.
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member

ME TOO!! LOL

ME THREE!! ahahahahaha. matter of fact I did it today!
  • elloradannon
    elloradannon Posts: 111
    I tend to do this too... but what I've found helps is to keep a BIG fruit bowl on the counter. We joined a local food co-op so we get LOTS of fresh produce every week. That way whenever I'm hungry in between meals I grab a piece of fruit instead of crackers, bread, etc. Don't worry about not losing right away- your body just has to adjust to exercising and then it will start to come off again
  • fast72
    fast72 Posts: 7
    Thanxs for the info everyone! I do use a heart rate monitor frequently just to see how hard I am working out! But I usually feel like I "deserve" to eat those extra calories since I worked out so hard. Maybe I will get the hang of it one of these days!!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member

ME TOO!! LOL

ME THREE!! ahahahahaha. matter of fact I did it today!

Its definitely my motivation to exercise...otherwise i cant say i would as often LOL
  • cposello
    cposello Posts: 2 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't want to eat those "extra calories earned" from working out, because I feel like I will lose more by not eating them. I am also at a stand still with losing weight.
This discussion has been closed.