Looking for UK friends that want to lose 40 lbs or more!

Options
:love: Hiya,

I live in London with my husband. I have been a yo-yo dieter for ages. I managed to lose four stones when I got married 7 years ago. It has now crept back on. I had a mini stroke about 3 1/2 years. I need to sort myself out and stop making excuses. I have started going to the gym twice a week, I do yoga once a week and Pilates. I do love a cheeky glass or two of fine wine at the weekend.

Who is with me?

Lizzy

Replies

• jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzy,

I'm in the UK. My target is 35.5lbs but to be honest the closer I get to that weight it seems as though it's not enough. All the BMI/ideal weight calculators all say I need to weigh less than 196lbs.

Be happy to add you as a friend.

Jamie
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Not in the UK (visited though), but have lost over 40lbs. I log daily and provide support/feedback. You're welcome to add if you'd like.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm near Liverpool and looking to lose 30-40. I lost ten last year but put them back on at the start of this year :grumble:
    Happy to add friends. I have new motivation now as I've booked a holiday to Skiathos in July:happy:
  • beverleyscott1974
    Options
    Hi i'm in the uk near Sheffield i have over a 100lbs to lose.
    My motivation is my son i want to be a healthy mum for him plus at 38 if i don't do it now i probably never will.
    Happy to add friends :)
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm near Liverpool and looking to lose 30-40.

Am I right in thinking you're from St Helens? Just going off your profile pic, it's the Dream sculpture isn't it?
  • Rag_Doll
    Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey, I do! I am looking for support! I've been looking over the forums past few days getting confused about TDEE because I failed to read a tiny detail of 15% - 20% ...
    Now, think I am happy with the calories I am allowed. I live in London with partner and 3 children.

Kelly
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    @jamieralph Well spotted! I'm just south of St Helens but we often walk our dogs around Dream :)
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi. I'm in Liverpool. 50lbs to lose. Oh, and I walk the dream too!
  • aniawiecek
    aniawiecek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm in London too! At my last stone now (lost 52lbs by now n got another 15lbs to go)
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    from kent, 43pound in but another 30-40 to go
  • dunhamlass
    dunhamlass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just joined and would like to lose 40lbs .I'm from Cheshire so I need all the support I can get!!
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    I'm trying to stay away from Cheshire ice cream farm lol. Good luck with your journey x