Looking For Support

Options
My name is John and I'm 42 years old and I'm looking for a motivational buddy to come along side me and help me by keeping me motivated as I pursue this lifestyle change.

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, John, and you're welcome to friend me if you'd like. Good luck!
  • JohnChavez
    Options
    Thanks so much. I see you're well on your way to meeting your goals. I just started this week and everyday that I log in I hate seeing that big fat 0 pounds lost. Oh well, it would be for long. Any support and motivation from you would be awesome.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The #1 thing is "Be Honest With Yourself". Log in all that you eat. If you had a bad day log it in and learn from it. If you have a bad day, that's OK we all do we're human. If you want to succeed the old saying "Get back on that horse" works here.

The #2 thing is "This is going to take time". You need to be in the mind set that it's going to take you months to reach your goal. But, during your journey be proud of all your little goals i.e. losing 5lbs. or 25lbs., getting new clothes, more energy, being able to jog, etc.

At first you're going to want to weigh yourself daily (and that's OK) but suggest weighing yourself weekly at the same time of day because your body weight may change +or- 3-4lbs. daily.

Drink plenty of water to keep your system flushed.

Good luck!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I really love this site and even though my weight loss has been slow I like the accountability of logging what I eat everyday, be it good or bad.

You are welcome to friend me as well.

I also just started tracking my sodium and think our American Diet has way too much sodium, so I'm trying to be more aware of that in my diet.

I also agree with the above poster, drink lots of water.

:drinker:

Welcome to MFP - you are going to love it here.

~Tamie