Insanity - Help please?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm currently on Insanity day 17 and have yet to lose a single pound or any inches! Admittedly, my diet has been off a couple of the days but I'm feeling a disheartened to say the least! Obviously, I'm aware that many people don't lose much in month 1, but still, it's a bit discouraging haha.

This week I'm trying to stick to the meal plans, but feel like I'm eating an (excuse the pun) insane amount of food!

If I post my stats can some lovely individual tell me how many calories I should be eating (I'm essentially sedentary other than insanity) during month 1?
Also - do you think it's realistic that I want to lose 2-3 inches off my waist by the end of the program?

Stats:

Weight: 154lbs
Height: 5'7

Measurements:
UK Size 12 (mostly)
Waist - 30" Hips - 39.5" Stomach - 34" Arms/Thigh - 9/24"

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Add me as a friend if you like :)

Replies

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Page 6 and 7 of the Insanity Nutrition Guide will put you on the right path! I have about 50 lbs on you and have lost a couple of pounds already (on day 16 myself). Good luck and keep at it!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I had some of the same concerns. Advice I was given, just stick with it. Most of the magic apparently happens in month 2. Also, we do not have the same amount of weight to lose as maybe some others do. Try to ignore the scale, stick with the workouts, and on day 30, remeasure and take updated photos.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 16 here and have only lost 2 pounds :-) I find that I'm hungrier and definitely sweat/work more than when I only did running as my cardio. I've been losing over a year now so I did not expect the 20-30 lb. loss the commercials say. I think 2-3 inches off your waist is VERY attainable, and I also have heard and read that the magic happens in the 2nd month (first month is just to prepare you for that second month!)
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have 3 days left. I didn't really lose anything in the first 3 weeks. Maybe half to a quarter inch. BUT THEN.... The magic happens! Your body catches on. I have dropped 12 pounds, and at last measure 13 inches overall. I'm not sure how many calories you are eating so it's hard to say what you need to change there. I don't follow the meal plan. I started the first 2 weeks at 1400 calories. I moved up to 1550 because it didn't feel like enough fuel. Last week I jumped to 1670 after recalculating my TDEE and BMR again. Keep in mind as you lose weight and change your body composition you will need to recalculate what your intake should be. As you can see in a month I have had to change mine twice. I redo my numbers about every 4 weeks. I will do them sooner if my body doesn't "feel" good at my current level.

Keep pushing. Throw your scale away!!!
  • tagiriga
    tagiriga Posts: 17
    Options
    Everyone has given great advice and personal experiences already. For me...I am one who's weight does not change even if my body does. I'd stay away from the scale until the end of month one and then the end of month 2. If you do Insanity consistently and continue to dip deeper and truly push yourself you are also going to gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so your actual weight may increase. That can scare the crap out of people. Do not track progress based on weight...you will be disappointed. Take measurements a few times and go off how you feel and look. Make sure you are fueling your body for these insane workouts.

I am your same height and have most of your same measurements and am about 10 lbs heavier than you - I am a solid 165 lbs of muscle (with some fat of course). I went through the whole 60 program before my wedding and it really helped lean out my lower body, which is my trouble area, reduced my BF % but my weight didn't change. So again...do not base your progress off of weight.

Good Luck and continue to Dip Deeper!!!
  • LaurennJune
    LaurennJune Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys! I'm feeling reassured already :)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yep, what others have said. I have lost over 10 inches doing Insanity (just finished month 1) and weight training, however the scale says I have only lost 2 pounds. I have no idea how that's possible, but I love the results.
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really didn't see any real weight loss til weeks 3 and 4 myself. I lost 20 lbs by the end. Be patient, it will come. Also, if you feel you are eating an exorbitant amount of food, then maybe you are. Listen to your body. If you feel overly food then don't eat so much.
  • bone_arista
    Options
    I did Insanity for only a month, didn't see any results either. And I'm suffering with an ED so I hardly ate along with it. Please don't be discouraged, your BMI is in the normal range! Stay strong beautiful!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I did the insanity programme earlier this year and at the end of it I was the same weight as when i started (though losing a couple of pounds in between and putting it on back). Though I did not achieve the weight loss at the end like most people, my body had changed so much. I lost inches all over. If I was relying on the scale alone then I would have given up. Best to stick to measurements.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky. I lost 2lbs and a grand total of one inch - so all my weight loss seems to be from muscle... :(
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I only 2.5 weeks left and have lost a whole 4lbs and maybe 5".. but my body has definitely transformed some. I pretty much down 1 pants size which is great.. I am out of XXL and XL.. I now wear larges and can fit alot of size 14s, just don't want to buy that many of them because I am going to do another round and hopefully get into 12 by the end of summer.

I don't eat clean either but I have started shakeology as a meal replacement.. BUT only for 1 meal.. either breakfast or lunch..just depends.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's really great seeing these replies. I'm only on week 2, lost 3.5 lbs. the first week, assuming water weight, but have been stuck at a stand still. I have about 35 lbs. to lose, so it's frustrating working out this hard and eating clean to not see even a lb. drop. I am already feeling fitter, and my body is toning up, so I'm going to go off measurements not the scale.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Okay..just talked a friend..she told me her daughter did 3 rounds back to back.. and lost 45lbs with the biggest lost in the 2nd month.. guess I know what I will be doing this summer.
  • LaurennJune
    LaurennJune Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Stats:

Weight: 154lbs
    Height: 5'7

Measurements:
    UK Size 12 (mostly)
    Waist - 30" Hips - 39.5" Stomach - 34" Arms/Thigh - 9/24"

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!

Add me as a friend if you like :)

Just thought I should post an update, I'm on Month 2 Week 2 now and results are
    Waist 29.25" Hips 39" Thigh 23.5" Arm and Stomach no change

I've still only lost about 1.5lbs (152.6lbs).
    I'm feeling much happier now that it's starting to work, hopefully will get measurements to
    Waist 28 Hips 37.5 Thigh 22 and hopefully an inch of my stomach!
    Feel like I'm being a bit too optimistic but the 3/4 inch off my waist has happened pretty much in the past week!

Thanks for all your encouragement guys, it's really helped me 'dig deeper'
    After Insanity it's on to 30DS+Hip Hop Abs Hybrid :D
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much you're eating, but when I did Insanity I had to jump from 1400 calories to around 1700-1900 depending on the workout. I lost weight and inches once I upped my intake.
  • victoriacedeno96
    Options
    Hi. I started as a size 12 with 40 inch midsection. So about the same as you. I weigh 170lbs. I just finished month 1. I lost no weight but 3 inches off my midsection trouble spot. So bring on month 2. Dig deeper and follow the nutrition plan for the best results.