Pushing the limit

AprilFool
AprilFool Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my sister told me abou this site so thought I might give it a try. I'm 55 this year and find that loosing weight is near impossible. I was skinny all my life until I reached 50 when all of a sudden everything seemed to stick to me. I have little to no willpower when it comes to food so this is a very difficult endeavor. I need moral support and and tricks you might have that will keep my "hunger" in check.
:ohwell:

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Lots of protein, fiber and water do it for me.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    I find that eating every 2 hours works for me, as well as planning what I am going to eat so there are no surprises. Watching my portions and also making sure that I am eating carbs and proteins together also works well for me. And drinking lots of water!
  • pixieE
    pixieE Posts: 30
    Eating little and often works for me :) And drinking plenty too, i'm not much of a fan of drinking water so i tend to have very diluted orange squash. Most of the time when i feel hungry i find that drinking keeps the feeling at bay untill my next snack.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, i'm sure you'll succeed in shifting those lbs x
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi, my sister told me abou this site so thought I might give it a try. I'm 55 this year and find that loosing weight is near impossible. I was skinny all my life until I reached 50 when all of a sudden everything seemed to stick to me. I have little to no willpower when it comes to food so this is a very difficult endeavor. I need moral support and and tricks you might have that will keep my "hunger" in check.
    :ohwell:

Hi! Welcome to MFP! I think you might find this site helps you in your weight loss you know. I was having difficulty myself for the last year before I joined here just over eight weeks ago and it is working a treat now.

As long as you record everything you eat and drink and do some exercise, you can keep tabs on how many calories etc you have left and it helps you control it all.:flowerforyou:

Fantastic support from others here too, very nice to meet you
  • AprilFool
    AprilFool Posts: 2
    Thanks for all the tips and encouragement. My sister has also challenged me to see who can loose the most the soonest. That ought to do the trick, a little sibling rivelry, right? :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.