Really Out of Shape

Options
I am seriously out of shape, and want to start exercising. I'm open to exercises, but I want something that's easy enough for me to complete while still burning calories. My main problem is most exercise videos are too hard for me to keep up with and I end up out of breath and having to stop after 10 or 15 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions for exercise videos or a work out routine I could try? I'm really looking to stay away from the gym if possible.

Replies

• ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    There are SOOOO many out there. What do you like to do? That is the key, is to find something you truly enjoy. Also what do you have at home to use?
  • ForMyAngelBaby
    ForMyAngelBaby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty open to just about anything. I'm looking for something fun that doesn't feel like a work out that I can do for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I used to do Tae-Bo and that was fun, but it's too hard for me right now. I tried Leslie Sanson's in home walking, but got bored with that. I'm pretty much open to anything.
  • turbotyke
    Options
    I too am really out of shape. I went from total couch potatoe and eating potatoes to joining a turbokick 90 day challenge with some friends 2 weeks ago. I wasn't going to join i thought i was too out of shape. i am SOOOO happy i did. Not only is the class full of all shapes and sizes but you feel great after and i just do the best i can and i do stop for water breaks in the middle of the work out and hop right back in. I figure it's got to be better than sitting on the couch. I understand the turbojam dvd's are the at home version. I recommend a class if possible if not try the dvds and just do your best.

Wishing you the best of luck! Believe me when is say if i can do it you can too. I am really overweight and out of shape and i already feel soooo much better after 2 weeks :)